Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to title and register my new to me 400ex today And left with this. What other states are doing this? I thought it was funny. I guess it doesnt look that bad.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
LOL all you need is a horn ,and turn signals and your good to drive back and forth to work. LMAO

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to renew my boat registration in 2012 wonder where Ill hang the plate on it.:icon_ laughup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is the bad part they make you buy the plate but still wont let you make it street legal,the tag is for public off road use only.(national forests,state parks)

·
Registered
173 Posts
yup i ve got myself a nice NY plate. but didnt mount it where all the cops could read it. they actually need to stop me, or get me to stop,. mounted it on the left front fender whre the warning label goes.

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
That is the bad part they make you buy the plate but still wont let you make it street legal,the tag is for public off road use only.(national forests,state parks)
Is that like a pass to ride in the state parks and forest or do you still have to pay extra?

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
Man Im glad I dont have to buy all that extra stuff. The National forest trails we ride you have to buy a sticker for a year for around $35 or a day pass for $5

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The lawmakers around here say the big plates with red letters will keep tresspassers off the farmers land.but its not mandatory to buy one.Only if you want to ride in the parks

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Man Im glad I dont have to buy all that extra stuff. The National forest trails we ride you have to buy a sticker for a year for around $35 or a day pass for $5
That's how it is where I live.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Wow in ma. you have to reg even if you ride your own property and pay sales tax... Best part is there is only 4 legal state parks to ride in the entire state. You get caught riding illegal first fine $250, second time fine and your quad goes to state auction. If I rember correctly you get caught illegal and no tags $1000 fine. Plus one of the state parks just closed half of the atv trails....Ma. is full of atv haters, eco nazis, and liberals. Not a good place to be a rider. You only get fined if they catch you. lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe Its not to bad here My plate and sticker was only $35.00 and the plate is good forever and sticker is good for 3 years.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Colorado has a $25.25 sticker that is good from April 1st- March 31st. All of the money goes to trail maintaining and search and resue. So if you get lost or hurt and people have to come find you it is paid for.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah I realy dont mind the fees To be able to come and go as I please and if Im ever stopped I got nothing to hide.Plus the state realy doesent have to provide these places to ride. They could probably make more money by forcing you to only be able to ride on your own property then busting people who are illeagal and selling thier bikes so If I cant afford to be legal I shouldnt own it I guess.Ive been stopped a few times on my boat they check me out 5 minutes latter its have a good day and be careful

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just moved to Quebec from Ontario and when registering my quad it was $52 for the license plate and for the provincial trail pass its $160 a year or $100 for the summer. Plates have been on quads here for quite a long time now, but in a lot of smaller communities here you can ride your bike on the roads at a reduced speed limit.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Wow so when i first read this i was like theres no way its gunna be where i live but then i look and its ohio. Sadly i dont have a title so i cant do it but i live in the country so staties dont really give me a hard time any way but that would be sweet to get. Sucks you cant actually put turnsignals on it and make it road worthy. I never understood why endero dirtbikes can be but us quad riders cant. I guess were just outcasts lol

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I seriously thought about doing that today, but went riding instead. I really don't want to get the plate, but I don't want to get busted riding without one and end up getting a ticket or something. Plus some places require you either have a plate or state sticker, and I haven't had one a sticker since 2004.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts