Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm making quite the list of oem parts that I need for my quad. I was on the fence wether or not to buy in Canada until I called a local dealer today. Oem knuckle from someone like partzilla is $99.95 usd. That same knuckle from my local dealer is $185.95 cad. Even after the dollar conversion I'd be saving around $50 per knuckle. I'm so close to the border I can have everything shipped for free to the ups store in the US. Dealerships shouldn't be able to mark parts up so much in Canada.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
they count on folks NOT being willing to do what your doing, and they don't care, its how many places stays afloat, they prey on folks that don;'t know any better

like the old saying
" A Sucker born every second"

and sadly there right, more than there wrong!
and folks just take it as the norm

were in a crazy age of things, the internet has really show the difference's in prices from one store to another and one location to another
can be HUGE in savings or over paying!

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
It's not just Canada.

The dealership 15 miles from me not only charges FULL retail for parts, but acts put out if you want to order parts and do the work yourself instead of paying them $85/hour to do the work.

Shop around. It pays off.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Some parts are cheaper for me to buy from the US and get sent over to the UK. Madness really when you think of the mark up they put on some items.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
my local Honda dealership wanted around 20 something bucks for one ball joint for my '05 trx500fm, I found the same ball joints at rocky mountain atv for 14 bucks each, guess where I bought them ?..lmao. dealerships are out to make a profit, they do this when they jack the oem price up, where is we got to places like rocky mountain atv, or partszilla, and buy the same oem part for less, shop around for sure !!!.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
my local Honda dealership wanted around 20 something bucks for one ball joint for my '05 trx500fm, I found the same ball joints at rocky mountain atv for 14 bucks each, guess where I bought them ?..lmao. dealerships are out to make a profit, they do this when they jack the oem price up, where is we got to places like rocky mountain atv, or partszilla, and buy the same oem part for less, shop around for sure !!!.
Damn! Even your main dealer is cheaper for OEM parts than our aftermarket parts! One aftermarket ball joint here is £20 to £25, I dread to think of main dealer prices.

You just ruined my night shady! Haha.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
So I'm making quite the list of oem parts that I need for my quad. I was on the fence wether or not to buy in Canada until I called a local dealer today. Oem knuckle from someone like partzilla is $99.95 usd. That same knuckle from my local dealer is $185.95 cad. Even after the dollar conversion I'd be saving around $50 per knuckle. I'm so close to the border I can have everything shipped for free to the ups store in the US. Dealerships shouldn't be able to mark parts up so much in Canada.
Hum...., it will be interesting to see how "price" might be altered under the new federal administration.......

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
Damn! Even your main dealer is cheaper for OEM parts than our aftermarket parts! One aftermarket ball joint here is £20 to £25, I dread to think of main dealer prices.

You just ruined my night shady! Haha.
yu'll live............maybe ?..lmfaooo.

Reactions: SamUK

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
If local dealers would price match online retailers I would never order online.

instead, they are greedy trying to take advantage of the people that don't care.

its a shame really, I put out a very large amount of money annually on parts, I would love to stay local, but i'm not going to make customers pay 20% markup on parts I can receive online for far cheaper, with better customer service to boot!.

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
If local dealers would price match online retailers I would never order online.

instead, they are greedy trying to take advantage of the people that don't care.

its a shame really, I put out a very large amount of money annually on parts, I would love to stay local, but i'm not going to make customers pay 20% markup on parts I can receive online for far cheaper, with better customer service to boot!.
yep. I tried awhile back, asked my local dealer to price match partzilla's prices, they told me they can't do it ?, I said, ok..fine, i'll buy from them to save cash, and buy from you if I need it in a hurry, and you have it on hand ?..lmfao.

·
Premium Member
12,683 Posts
...funny you'll are talking about this , today I ordered a choke cable , I have 4 dealers in a 30 mile radius , got the part number and price from Partzilla, called all 4 to see if anyone had it in stock , none had one , and they all had had to order and all had different prices , the best price was $24.33 plus 10% tax ,thats $26.67 , Partzilla is $18.00 , thats $ 8.67 savings on a $26 dollar part , thats a 30+ %

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
It always pays to shop around doesn't it :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
yep, in this case, it saves cash to shop around !..lol. too many times I've seen stupid prices. I see a lot of new oem parts on ebay, seller asking A LOT more than what you could buy that very same part for, straight from Honda !!, lol, I guess they think everyone has their sign on, and is stupid huh ??, I've seen these a dozen times or more on ebay, i'll send their dumb azz a mesg, saying '' hey..you know a person can buy that very same part from Honda for less than what your asking...right ??!!!..lmfaooooooo, they get pizzed big time..lmao.

Reactions: SamUK

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Excuse me young man !! Your shopping around consists of ringing dad with a list ..... do you realise just how much your bill is so far ?? :r_c:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
Excuse me young man !! Your shopping around consists of ringing dad with a list ..... do you realise just how much your bill is so far ?? :r_c:

lmfao^^^^..reminds me when I hit my bud up I work with ?, he's like '' you have any idea how much you owe me now '' ?..i'm like..well..you have any idea how much i'm charging you for rebuilding your motors ?!!..he shuts up then..lol.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts

Haha! If you saw my eBay/PayPal invoices for parts I've replaced on mine so far you'd have heart failure :laugh: Then there's all the bits you've got for me!

You do need to let me know what the damage is though before I start overhauling the Land Rover. I'll get settled up with you first ;-)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Dealerships around here don't keep any OEM parts in stock; they have to order even the most common parts. If I have to wait for shipping either way, I might as well just buy them online, and save money in the process.

Rob

Reactions: Jeepwm69
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.