Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Wow that's strange, can't say I've ever seen anything like that before!

·
Registered
396 Posts
This is all i saw on the trail yesterday. Went right over it on the fourtrax and backed up to take a pic. Current debate on rat snake or milk snake on my FB currently.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
over the yrs on trails I think I seen about it all, from dead people/body parts, to live people MAKING new people (or in the process any how LOL)
seen a LOT of wierd people wandering about the woods and trails, even seen a group of folks once middle of NO where , dressed like clowns??, didn;t stop and ask why??

I also find a LOT of things on trails, countless tools and even cash?

also I walked a lot(or used) thru the woods and trails and MAN found a lot of odd things that way too, once found an airplane propeller broke off! about a mile or more from the nearest path or trail

once found a dirt bike/motorcycle too
didn;t run, left it where it was for a few days (looked like it was there a while)and then brought it home,
had local police run vin, came back clean??
did a top end and she ran like a champ, so I gave it to a friends kid for a B day present! Kid was about as happy as one could be, his MOM, NOT so much ! HAHA!

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
@fish same here, no clue, strange indeed,
@mrbb body parts and clowns ???? I wont even ask....lol

·
Premium Member
12,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd stay away from the clowns too ! ----- I have a bunch of clowns ride with me in the woods , they don't wear costumes or make up , but they are still clowns --------

I wouldn't want to mess with that red juice ( blood ) coming out the tree , would bet it is toxic or give you a rash or the itch --------

Rat snakes around here look very similar body wise but have a different pattern -------

5,000th post

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
That's not a poison sumac , is it ? I've never seen one personally , but i hear people say we have them here in TN.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
A couple weeks ago I saw a Gila Monster. This is a fairly rare treat in Arizona. It was about 16 inches, give or take.

·
Premium Member
12,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a few months back we found a snake eating a snake , he had about 6 inches sticking out his mouth that was still wiggling and appeared to have bitten off more than he could chew , one swing of the machette and there was 4 pieces and two dead snakes , I think that was a first for me , two with one swing ------

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
@fish same here, no clue, strange indeed,
@mrbb body parts and clowns ???? I wont even ask....lol
well, many yrs back out riding, I came across a pair of hands?, cut off at the just above the wrist, both same side hands, local and state police got involved and took them, at first they were trying to tell the public here that they were hands off a monkey ? which was even odder I think, as where do you find monkeys here in PA LOL
they never found who's hands they were nor, the crime that made them!??
there were a few area's in my neck of the woods that were known by rumors , to be places where the MOB used to dump bodys, area had a long time history with the mob!

NOT the first time I found any dead humans or parts either, but this one was while riding trails??

as for that tree Fish?
I'd send a pic to your local DCNR, I bet they can tell you what it is, or find out for you??
maybe better safe than sorry, or keep your distance from it, never seen that before

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Riding horses in the woods years ago my group came upon a guy who had committed suicide. He shot himself in the forehead with a 410 shotgun.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
We have a huge military training area 10-12 miles away with LOTS of byways (trails for road registered vehicles) always seeing infantry guys popping up out of the undergrowth, grenades, smoke grenades, Ammo etc etc..
The firing range is always quite interesting to look around, when it's not in use of course! It's a huge valley, approximately a mile square full of old tanks, planes and helicopters all blown to bits and full of bullet holes.

·
Premium Member
12,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Remember Bob Dylan sung " fishing for a while on a shrimping boat right out of Delicroix " , I lived that as my Dad keep his "hobby" shrimp boat there , once a guy shrimping by him self fell over and drowned , they found the boat was doing circles with no one on board , two days later we caught him in the trawl , spooky thing , one of those pictures that stays in your mind for ever --------

but my best dead guy story , after partying in the French Quarters and getting on the on ramp of the I-10 heading home I seen a pair of legs sticking 18 inches out into the street from the high grass that seem to never get cut along the I-10 , I stopped and my girl friend was freaking out saying , he might be playing possum and going to jump up and car jack us , so I didn't get out the truck , I called 911 , what a mistake that was , back in the day if you called 911 the call was directed to the Parish ( we are the only state that has Parishes and not Counties ) where you bought the phone , which wasn't were I lived , so it took an hour on the phone to get to the right Police Dept , New Orleans , we sat there for 45 minutes and was getting no where on the phone , so I headed home and had to plug the phone in as it was going dead , stood on the phone back and forth with different people , finally got to talk to some one who seemed to care and told them what we saw , 3 days later at 1:00am in the morning the Police knock on my door and woke me up and want to know about the dead guy on I-10 like I had something to do with it , they wanted to bring me in to Head Quarters and talk about it , which I told them I didn't want to and called and woke up my uncle the lawyer who told me to tell them , well I can't say on here what he told me to tell them as he was a raw guy , years later I use to drink coffee with an EMS ambulance driver and told him the story and he knew all about it , they figured the guy has laid on the side of the road for a week , I called on Saturday like 6:00am and they picked him up on Tuesday which was the day the Police came to investigate it , moral of the story " don't call 911 in New Orleans unless you got some time on your hands to waste

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Don't call the DNR or anyone to find out what kind of tree or for anything for that matter.. They will classify it as some rare freggin plant and shut the woods down for riding..

·
Premium Member
12,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hear you Larry , the tree hugger will come out the wood work ---------- funny how that works , a salamander in a stream can stop multi-million dollar projects once some one points it out ----

then it works the other way also , where the word is mum , no doubt we have BIG black cats around here , some say there is no such things as black panthers , mountain lions , pumas or cougars and I can go along with that , between the wife and I we have seen it 5 times now , know numerous people who have seen them , people have posted videos of them on house surveillance cameras , pics on trail cams , the old times that have lived here all their lives tell stories of them , but they still say they don't exist , so maybe they are not black panthers and they are black leopards , which do exist and they have been documented in Arizona and Texas , maybe why they say that is if they admitted they existed then they would have pandemonia on their hands , outlaw big game hunters trying to track them down and shot them , mothers would be afraid to let their kids and pets outside , every time some one seen a black house cat the phones would be going off the hook at Wildlife and Sheriff offices , so it is better they let it go unsaid

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
HAHA< well, when or IF you'd call, you don't have to tell them where,. can just make up[ a story about someone sent you a pic asking what it was and was asking THEM to see if they know what it it?

then NO worries about them shutting down an area LOL

as for big black cats, there spotted all over the USA it seems, I know for a fact I video'd one about 12 yrs ago in broad day light,
it walked past me and a few people at about 25 yrs in a wide open field, and then went about 125 yards and sat down while I video'd it, and then it jumped over an 8 ft fence!
I contacted my local Game Warden, and he just told me don;t worry about it and he could care less about seeing the video ??
I personally think the one I seen was a exotic pet someone had and either let it loose or it got out on them, as a local private housing community near by was known to have strange folks in there, about 20 yrs prior to this a monkey was found running about the same property I video'd the black cat on< and it ran about for about 2-3 yrs before sightings went away, which we all think someone just shot it, to get rid of it?? LOL

But I never fear contacting the DCNR or like
s I just be careful with what all INFO I give them, as some times, they can be used for good things if you go about it right!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Ya they said the same thing there wasn't cougars in north eastern Wisconsin either.. Until that is game cameras got them to admit they were around... If your out in the wild just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are not there.. Wolves are hardly seen and I have never seen one on my 4 wheeler in thousands of miles of riding in Wolf country.. THEY ARE VERY SMART.. AND BIG...

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
^^^^ Yep, Cougars were brought in for repopulating the Michigan, Wisconsin & Minnesota area over a several years operation in complete secrecy. It was planned decades ago, just as the Wolf transplants were preplanned. Everyone in officialdom lied for years. Many of them still do lie about them... and yeah, an adult Cougar is an impressive cat. Big and fast... the ultimate predator in my neck of the woods. They are bringing them here because America is being rewilded in rural areas where they intend to move all/most of the people out of, over time. Cougars are here to keep wolf populations in a natural balance.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
I personally think MANY MANY game dept's over the yr did a LOT of things OFF the BOOKS, and only certain members KNOW what was or was NOT done!
that is why SO many say 'WE DIDN"T DO"X"??'
I was a close friend of a very old guy that was a game dept worker here in PA for 40+ yrs, and the stories he has told me over the yrs is mind blowing
here in PA< he has told me of the STATE bringing in Mule deer from out west, the feeding programs they used, (even had a whole bunch of feeders on his land that were marked and riveted ID tagged, STATE GAME DEPT, yet the state here officially deny's many of the things he told me he ACTUALLY DID himself while on the job,
also, many of the story's I have heard of Illegal things down while on the clock and off the clock and after retiring!
and the state turning a blind eye, due to the person WORKED for the state!
one of them do as I say, but NOT as I do, deals!
and the farther back you go in things(he was worked from the late 50's 's into the 90's) its down right amazing what went on.
but like all Government agency's, they will never go on record saying they did , MANY many things they did, just how that job works, its a LOT of lie's and bullcrap story's, they sell BS for a living! loom at what so many say, in order to get there jobs??
I personally like seeing a wide range of wildlife in a state, Nature , as its most likely what things SHOULD be and were before humans screwed with it!
Humans are the worst animal that walks the face of the earth IMO< lie and cheat and ?? for un at times, critters , just are what they are, Trying to survive!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts