Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After slowly getting this beast ready, she's now complete. Last year I finally bought a house and over 2.5 acres and my 1984 TRX200 lives on with enough land to stretch her legs and haul some light loads.

My grandfather bought it new in '84. My four other siblings and me drove it in the late 80s until 2011. Last time it drove and ran well was August of that year.

After a carb, air filter, plug, and new oils, she runs like the day she was made. So well, that one pull and the choke open, she fires, it's unreal how well this thing is built. Thought I would share this with the forum.

·
Registered
259 Posts
one day i would like to get a fourwheeler of some sort because i just work on them. had a kawasaki brute force from 2005 with big tires big motor everything like that then it blew up 2 years later still looking for a motor.

·
Registered
572 Posts
38 years old and in that good of condition? Wow! Very nice 4-wheeler. A testament to the build quality of a Honda. Looks like you and your family took pretty good care of it throughout its life. Your little helper there also seems ready to ride. (y)

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
38 years old and in that good of condition? Wow! Very nice 4-wheeler. A testament to the build quality of a Honda. Looks like you and your family took pretty good care of it throughout its life. Your little helper there also seems ready to ride. (y)
Thanks Wood! My dad and I kept really good care of it. I remember washing and waxing it as a kid! Now 30+ years later it's in my garage. My little guy LOVES riding it too. And on top of all of that, the thing is amazing on gas.

I only used 1.5 gallons of gas and have been riding it almost daily. I also hauled 5 cu yards of mulch two weekends ago, all over my yard. The Japanese folks who assembled my machine in 1984, out did themselves! I'd love to show this to Honda and be on a commercial lol.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yep, simply amazing the shape yours is in after all these years. My grandbabies love to ride on Papa's "poor-leeler" as well so ride that little feller all he wants. Won't be long and he will be too big for that so make those memories he will cherish all of his life like the ones you have. Not sure if you know it or not, they now build them less than 15 minutes down I-95 from Florence, SC where I work. They started production there in 1998'ish, IIRC. I hope mine looks and runs as good as yours in 30+ more years!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts