Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted over a week ago, and no one has responded at all. This is very unsettling. Is there no one that can help?

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
425 Posts
Your asking very specific questions about a non popular 1984 atc, that no one can answer.
If you were working on a 250 or even better a 250r, you'd get lots of help as guys know about them.

I had a xr200 dirt bike with pretty much the same motor but it had a kick starter, the decompressor cable broke on it and I left it that way as it still started fairly easy. I'd just forget the decompressor and run it, those old 200's arent collectables like the 250's are.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your asking very specific questions about a non popular 1984 atc, that no one can answer.
If you were working on a 250 or even better a 250r, you'd get lots of help as guys know about them.
I had a xr200 dirt bike with pretty much the same motor but it had a kick starter, the decompressor cable broke on it and I left it that way as it still started fairly easy. I'd just forget the decompressor and run it, those old 200's arent collectables like the 250's are.
So, the 200s is a nonimportant 3 wheeler? I don't want to race it or go really fast. I just want to do some trail riding. Heck I'm almost 50. I was just thinking that this was the best way to get parts I really need.

·
Premium Member
5,260 Posts
He didn’t say your 200s weren’t important.
It’s best that people didn’t guess at how to advise you; your machines are not common and the questions you had were pretty specific.

this is more of a utility quad site; few of these folks have any sperience with ATC.

Members at ThreeWheelerWorld probably have info you need but nobody said anything cuz they don’t know or want to run anyone off

buy OEM parts use the oem parts finder at Rocky Mountain atv and Partzilla

·
Registered
1987 Honda trx350 fourtrax
9 Posts
Ive never seen an older machine that still had the decompression cable, don't need em. Full restore is impractical and could be very costly, just get it running decent. If you are nearly 50 why are you still tryin to kick start, nostalgia?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive never seen an older machine that still had the decompression cable, don't need em. Full restore is impractical and could be very costly, just get it running decent. If you are nearly 50 why are you still tryin to kick start, nostalgia?
Because, I ain't dead yet! That's why! I have an 86 trx 200sx that I bought new in 86. I'm going to restore it too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts