Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 03 250 recon that I just replaced swing arm bearings without to much of a problem. However, when I went to replace the swing arm I noticed a 1/4" gap between the frame and and swing arm...even before the pivot bolts are replaced. Has anybody else had this problem before?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I've never seen that problem, BEFORE the bolts are replaced, but when you get the bolts in, if you over tighten them they will press the frame apart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I agree when the pivot bolts go in then the frame can spread apart if screwed in to far. In my case, just by setting the swing arm in position I notice a 1/4" gap with the frame. Makes me wonder if the fame was bent - but nothing obivious.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I agree when the pivot bolts go in then the frame can spread apart if screwed in to far. In my case, just by setting the swing arm in position I notice a 1/4" gap with the frame. Makes me wonder if the fame was bent - but nothing obivious.
Did you buy the ATV new? If you didn't, maybe someone else has replaced the bearings before and and tightened the bolts too tight and caused the frame to spread apart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought this quad new in 03' so I know it hasn't been messed with. Maybe I need to find another quad and measure the width of the frame for comparison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts