Honda ATV Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yall ever dig into this any further?
Hey man!
Yeah, I definitely brought some attention to the kit. I don't have any major updates or exact eta's, but I know its been on the list. New machines and new products always end up pushing the retrofitted upgrades on the back burner...but it is in the works! Thanks for bringing it up. I'll rattle some cages. :wink

Reactions: SamUK and Jeepwm69

·
Supporting Vendor
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I’ll tell you what I’d like to see, an add on wet brake kit ahead of the rear differential that would act as a bolt on swing arm stretch at the same time......
That sounds pretty interesting!

·
Premium Member
12,664 Posts
I can see how a wet kit would cost a lot and the problem would be that every model would have to be a little different with hoses , fittings and brackets , so there would be too many variations to making kits practical -----I need to add it all up money wise , I am doing front and rear disc with hydraulics on all wheels right now and if I had to guess I got $750 plus into it , used a bunch of stuff I had , bought used masters ---- if I added labor on top of that , I would guess , if you bought a complete kit ( front and rear conversions and hydraulics ) ready to go , it would cost between $1,200-1,500 , that would include a left hand master and the front left and foot pedal plumbed together ------I think if someone where to cut the cost with the cheapest Chinese masters , tubes and hoses , and used cheap labor , it would be around a $1,000

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any updates? I have a 2000 Foreman 450ES and i bought the HL rear disc conversion kit when it was available and it is hydraulic and it's way better than the kit i bought for my 2007 Rancher 400. I am in the process of converting my Rancher over to hydraulic myself using the HL kit as a reference.

·
Premium Member
12,664 Posts
Any updates? I have a 2000 Foreman 450ES and i bought the HL rear disc conversion kit when it was available and it is hydraulic and it's way better than the kit i bought for my 2007 Rancher 400. I am in the process of converting my Rancher over to hydraulic myself using the HL kit as a reference.
I done the rear conversion to disc , installed a left front brake lever / master cylinder assembly off a 700 Grizzly with the foot pedal master cylinder off a Honda Gold Wing , used Fragola fittings and hose , TRX250 splitter and converted it all to hydraulic disc on the front and back

21 - 28 of 28 Posts