Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding down a usual trail that was a little flooded towards the end and when I went to turn around in some knee Deep water I slid off into a ditch about 4 foot deep. Air box was full. Changed the oil after a tow back and started it up to start flushing it. Ran for 2 minutes then it quit. I’ve drained the gas and put fresh gas in, changed the spark plug, and cleaned the air filter. I can get it started on starting fluid but it won’t stay running unless full throttle. I was able to get all the water blown out and the oil flushed a few times but i still can get it running. It’s has air and spark so it has to be fuel related. Injector maybe? Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Do compression test
If you had water in the crankcase oil that’s a sign you’ll need an engine rebuild.
Sorry for bad news— this one’s gonna sting for awhile

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do compression test
If you had water in the crankcase oil that’s a sign you’ll need an engine rebuild.
Sorry for bad news— this one’s gonna sting for awhile
I got it running, just took some more flushing of the fuel system And a squirt of ether :) the compression was exactly what it should be. I changed the oil 8 times and the filter 3 times just to make sure I got everything, one of the changes I used jet fuel. Runs just like new now, no smoking or anything. I think I got lucky with this one. If anything happens down the road it’s warrantied

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
I got it running, just took some more flushing of the fuel system And a squirt of ether :) the compression was exactly what it should be. I changed the oil 8 times and the filter 3 times just to make sure I got everything, one of the changes I used jet fuel. Runs just like new now, no smoking or anything. I think I got lucky with this one. If anything happens down the road it’s warrantied
warranty does NOT cover sinking !!. unless you paid extra money for extended warranty ?, YOU WASTED YOUR MONEY !.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
You don't have to tell them everything Shadetree, haven't you ever been home late to the wife standing in the door after a good drunk?
nope, i dont drink, and i dont have a wife to deal with !..lol. what do you mean you dont have to tell them everything ?, you mean tell the dealership you sunk it ?, trust me..they will KNOW it was sank, no need to tell them...or not tell them ?, they will see it was sunk !, and when they do ?, they will tell you they wont cover it under warranty because warranty does not cover being stupid !..lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts