Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions about oiling the sub air cleaner when I maintain and oil my foam air filter? Seems like a good idea in theory, but I read that this supplies air to exhaust chamber when needed. Would the oil restrict this? Neither the service manual nor a google search address oiling the cleaner, just a cleanse.
Thanks,
Brettski

·
Premium Member
12,435 Posts
What model atv do you have ? When you say sub air cleaner , are you talking about the screen inside of the foam ? if the screen is what you are talking about , I clean it with Purple Clean or such , blow it off with air and no oil on it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was actually for the newer addition to the family. 2009 TRX 90. I looked in the owners manual and the process did not list oiling the foam filter, just a thorough clean, dry and reinstall. The little tubular filter located in the rear of the box that is supposed to send clean air to assist in exhaust. I forgot the name. Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
37,087 Posts
The question was, do you think it should be oiled?
nope, no need to oil the cage, just blow the dirt/dust off it, clean it with what ever, pre-oil the air filter, call it a day :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts