Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 250 Honda Recon. When i ride my fourhweeler it now stops about every ten minutes as if there is no gas. But i can restart it using choke and ride on choke for a little while until it will ride normaly again with no choke. Or i have to rev the engine on choke until i can take choke off and get a normal idle going. Sometimes i can rev the engine for a few minutes until it "catches" without choke and able to ride for a little while until this repeats. I am thinking that there is something with the carburetor or something is blocking the fuel line. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with this problem or can help me fix this.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
sounds like maybe your bowl has trash in it and while your riding it aggitates in the bowl allowing the trash to get into the jet shutting it down and when it sits the sediment in the bowl settles enough to start i would take the carb off and clean it thoroughly, and maybe check the fuel filter if it has one.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Yes...clean the carb out. Take it apart and clean it out with carb. cleaner. And what would also help is to put some fuel injector/carb cleaner in the gas tank everytime you change the oil.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I would reccomend mixing racing fuel with 93 octane I run straight racing fuel but my quad is built for it but you can mix 2 gallons 93 to 1 gallon 104 racing fuel. you will be suprised at the power gain just by the fuel boost. Just as J stated clean the piss out of it but remove any rubber parts first carb cleaner will swell them right up. be sure to remove the main jet and clean it too spray every hole crack and crevis. when you get done let it dry and spray it agian.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Another area to check would be the fuel tank vent if thats plugged it will cause some strange issues like stalling.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
X2!! Vapor locking forgot all about that one Saber:D:D

Another area to check would be the fuel tank vent if thats plugged it will cause some strange issues like stalling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts