Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people I just joined and am trying to figure something out. I have 2 bikes I have recently aquired. One is a 91 300 fourtrax 4x4 that needs frontend rear end,brake and plastic work but it runs. I also have a 94 300 fourtrax 4x4 that has good plastic and is deasent all around but has a blown engine. I have started breaking both bikes down and realized that there are a few differences. The frame under the tank and the front a arms seem to be the biggest. Outside of the obvious being the 94 being newer is there any advice twards making a decission on witch bike to go with? I have decided either way to replace all bushings,berrings and seals. (4's top motor mount is different than the other but the head looks the same. the 94's was missing. Anyway thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Hey people I just joined and am trying to figure something out. I have 2 bikes I have recently aquired. One is a 91 300 fourtrax 4x4 that needs frontend rear end,brake and plastic work but it runs. I also have a 94 300 fourtrax 4x4 that has good plastic and is deasent all around but has a blown engine. I have started breaking both bikes down and realized that there are a few differences. The frame under the tank and the front a arms seem to be the biggest. Outside of the obvious being the 94 being newer is there any advice twards making a decission on witch bike to go with? I have decided either way to replace all bushings,berrings and seals. (4's top motor mount is different than the other but the head looks the same. the 94's was missing. Anyway thanks in advance.
Either year would be fine. They were both great bikes. You should be able to change the valve covers and mount the '91 on the '94 frame, if the '94 frame is in better condition.

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts
Welcome to the forums...Agreed^^^^ anything is possible with these machines

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
both frames are great. actually the a arms on the 91 are a good bit wider than the 94 so that is probably a good thing and the metal tank is as good as new.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
so the headcovers are different? I bought the 94 without the head.
I'm not positive about that. They may be the same. I just figured if the frame and mounts are different, the valve covers might be different, because of the mounting. I remember the older models have a large round tube that runs under the gas tank. I have owned and worked on both types, but I can't remember if the valve covers are different or not. The brackets that attach the valve cover to the frame, may be the only thing different.

If the '91 is in pretty good condition, it might be better to go ahead and fix it, because they are just as good as the newer models.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the info guys. also what is a good place for parts and barrings,seals and such? p.s. I'm going with the 91. The a arms are larger dientionally. got to be better!

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
thanks for the info guys. also what is a good place for parts and barrings,seals and such? p.s. I'm going with the 91. The a arms are larger dientionally. got to be better!
try bikebandit.com, or ebay..some mechants are selling seals and bearing kits on ebay now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts