Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 honda rancher trx350fe is stuck in limp mode and i desperately need it for work tomorrow and can’t go that slow. the quad is a pile of trash so whatever gets me going the fastest the quickest is my route! (the error in the computer is probably caused by my trans, i have to shift with a wrench)

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
ahhhh..another electric shift model at its finest !..lol. sounds like it needs some attention to the electric shift area too me. down load the service manual , start reading and testing :).

· Registered
1,418 Posts
My 2001 honda rancher trx350fe is stuck in limp mode and i desperately need it for work tomorrow and can’t go that slow. the quad is a pile of trash so whatever gets me going the fastest the quickest is my route! (the error in the computer is probably caused by my trans, i have to shift with a wrench)
I would start with making sure the battery is perfect (charge/voltage) and may need replacing. These units are extremely sensitive to charge/output of the battery.

· Premium Member
5,960 Posts
The good news is there is no DTC codes capability, no limp mode, and the ES system is very basic and easy to diagnose/fix/maintain on the earliest Ranchers. Check the shift motor fuse 1st then open & clean all of the harness plug connections. Fit them back together with dielectric grease in them. Then grab your multimeter and find the fault. Once you've found it, tear it apart for maintenance so it won't happen to you again. You can find a free PDF copy of the service manual linked in the manuals forum. Welcome to the forums!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.