Honda ATV Forum banner

stuck brake on an 87' 250x

6K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  mud99 
#1 ·
my front left brake is hanging up... i removed it and can push the piston back and seperate the brake pads but when i remount it and hit the front brake it doesn't release on the left side and i cant spin the front hub.....at all completely frozen. any help would be great..

thanks jason

#3 ·
Sometimes calipers do go bad.

#4 ·
well i pulled the caliper apart last night and replaced the seals and cleaned everything... no dice. So i just got a new caliper and brake line via ebay's GDH racing supply! I got everything for a fraction of what the dealer wanted for just the brake line.. hope it shows up soon!

#5 ·
Good luck dude.Hope it works out.

#6 ·
just a theroy here..but..have you tried putting some grease on the brake shoe pad runner bolts ?..i'm thinking the shoe holes might be binding on the caliper brake pad bolts..worth a shot to look into :).

#8 ·
yeah i cleaned everything before i reinstalled it. I think its the brake line it feels a little funky about 2 inches from where it bolts to the caliper.. like its broken inside the casing. but i figured i'd grab the caliper too.. it was cheap enough. should be set next week.

#11 ·
My guess is, it's a collapsed hose.

#14 ·
Yeah, the line collapses on the inside and will let the fluid(pressure) through one way, but won't let it back the other way. Sometimes it will push the piston out and not let it release and sometimes it won't let the fluid through to the piston and you will just have a real hard pedal and not hardly any brakes. It can work either way, depending on how the line is collapsed. It's more common on an automobile than it is an ATV, but it happens. This is what temmorg was talking about in one of the previous posts.

#16 ·
Yep, same thing.

#17 ·
well everything is enroute.. should be here by thursday! I'm gonna do the brakeline first with my caliper and see if that solves it.. then if not i'll install the new caliper as well. i hope its just the brake line.. then i can sell the extra parts i have recently accumulated. anyone in the market for so 250x parts? lmk.. thanks

#18 ·
well, i got all the parts friday and got it done today! It turned out to be just a brake line.. however i'm glad i got the complete set($30) because what was on mine was a complete home brew... i had to replace both sides in order to use the factory ones. Anyway its done and I'm riding again!

#19 ·
Glad to here that bro.

#22 ·
Yeah you have to spend money to have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.