Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2002 Honda Foreman Rubicon 500
Front propeller shaft splines are stripped in the rear joint. Is this a common problem? Should it be greased? Do I have to drain engine oil and front differential gear lube before pulling front propeller shaft out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same bike and the same problem. How did you make out? I just diagnosed how I got stuck in a foot of mud.... Not front wheel drive... And after stripping her down, I see the problem is in the propeller shaft. doesn't look like a wicked fun fix.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Welcome to the forums......................You've come to the right community.You'll soon learn everyone likes pics here.................Needs to be standard equipment for ATVers.......LOL

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Um.. Propeller shaft? Welcome to the forums.
I know this is an old post but a propeller shaft is what Honda calls a drive shaft. Same thing.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Well all be darn would you look at that. I would have never thought of that I would have called it a drive shaft.
in ATVs and UTVs and prolly motorcycles, the drive shaft is refered to as a propeller shaft or prop shaft. in trucks and cars, yeah its a drive shaft.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I guess it depends on whether you want to be "propelled" (propeller shaft) or "driven" (drive shaft). LOL.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
hahaha yeah. i thought someone might ask if thats what the boat propellar is attached to lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts