Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yea I'm in Mississippi. I rent so I have no homeowners insurance either. I have found out that over 5 4 wheelers have been stolen within 15 miles of mine over the weekend. So sounds like there is a group doing this. I did have flyers made up and it's posted every where.. I feel like I'm back in Iraq looking for Alibaba..lol. Hope they are caught by the police before I find them. I would hate to be stuck in prison..

·
Premium Member
12,279 Posts
I think I might go hang out at the local mud parks close to you this weekend , are you close to any of them , carry your paper work with you at all times in case you were to locate it and the sheriff is called

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
If these thieves have any brain, they won't won't be using that bike for a long time..

It also wouldnt surprise me if they cut it up and are selling it for parts..

Here in Canada, if your ATV purchase is less than 10k you don't need insurance to drive away with it...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Yeah up here we can't register a vehicle, on or off road, without proof of insurance first.

What area are you from?

Should help people look in local classifieds.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yeah up here we can't register a vehicle, on or off road, without proof of insurance first.

What area are you from?

Should help people look in local classifieds.
That's what it is called. Local Classifieds. I spend a lot of time on craigslist so I wouldn't mind helping out.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Thats nice of you but I really don't think any of the guys here would want any money for helping you, at least i know i want, besides you've got a big enough headache because of those idiots....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I didn't think anyone here would accept payment for helping someone out. But if the crackhead neighbor wanted a little incentive to find it.. I would buy them enough crack to kill themselves...lol

·
Registered
559 Posts
Not 100% sure if you need proof to actually register the quad, but insurance IS required for ANY on or off-road riding.

Straight from MTO:

Off-road riding
Your vehicle
For off-road riding, your ATV must be registered and display a rear licence plate (except in exempt areas like far northern Ontario). It must be insured under a motor vehicle liability policy.

These requirements also apply to other types of (ORVs) including two-up ATVs side-by-side ORVs and utility terrain vehicles.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/driver/drive-ATV.shtml

·
Registered
559 Posts
Bam...

3. Registering/Licensing Your ATV
All Off-Road Vehicles Act requires that an ATV must be registered and plated by the Ministry of Transportation. In order to register you must prove proof of insurance (see step 2.) They cannot be registered to anyone under 16 years of age. A one-time fee can be paid at your local Driver and Vehicle License Issuing Office. Have a look at the Ministry of Transportation's rules and regulations at: Changes to Ontario's Off-Road Vehicles Legislation/Regulations or download this handy Smart Ride Safe Ride document to get familiar with all of the rules before you head out.

Now this is just for Ontario Canada, so other places may have different laws, but that's how it is up here.

I've been stopped by the cops 4 times this year alone just riding on the lake and river, and trust me... you need insurance, lol.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If they stole 5 quads, then they have an organized plan, which is probably to trailer them somewhere (out of state?) to sell. Chopping them up seems like work - too much. Selling 5 at once would be easier. I think you are looking for a big trailer, with the contraband inside. Plus, just storing the 5 stolen trailers is now a problem. They either have a storage yard or remote location of size.Those trailers would be the easiest to find, particularly since they are probably within 10 miles of the stolen locations.

We should actually be looking for all 5 quads. If they show up in northern Nevada, we got you covered...)

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Bam...

All Off-Road Vehicles Act requires that an ATV must be registered and plated by the Ministry of Transportation. In order to register you must prove proof of insurance (see step 2.) They cannot be registered to anyone under 16 years of age. A one-time fee can be paid at your local Driver and Vehicle License Issuing Office. Have a look at the Ministry of Transportation's rules and regulations at: Changes to Ontario's Off-Road Vehicles Legislation/Regulations or download this handy Smart Ride Safe Ride document to get familiar with all of the rules before you head out.

Now this is just for Ontario Canada, so other places may have different laws, but that's how it is up here.

I've been stopped by the cops 4 times this year alone just riding on the lake and river, and trust me... you need insurance, lol.

Of course you need insurance to ride off your property... I have it on my green bike..

You don't need insurance to register an ATV.....I don't care what that says..

I go through 3 wheeler's like crazy...lol..I don't insure them.. But I plate them and put them in my name..

I live in Ontario..

I swear to you this is factual RaRa!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Bam...

Of course you need insurance to ride off your property... I have it on my green bike..

I go through 3 wheeler's like crazy...lol..I don't insure them.. But I plate them and put them in my name..

I live in Ontario..

I believe you, I do! lol

I just went by the book when registering mine because I don't have a property to ride on, and per the book, insurance proof is needed for registration.

When I registered my girls 250, the previous owner didn't sign in the right place on the ownership, and they gave me a hard time.

I had to get him to send me a picture of his signature and forge it in the right spot before they would register it.

They also wanted to see proof of insurance on both my 400ex and the 250ex before they would register it.

Probably comes down to the mood of the service ontario rep you're dealing with haha.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Bam...

I live in Ontario..

I believe you, I do! lol

I just went by the book when registering mine because I don't have a property to ride on, and per the book, insurance proof is needed for registration.

When I registered my girls 250, the previous owner didn't sign in the right place on the ownership, and they gave me a hard time.

I had to get him to send me a picture of his signature and forge it in the right spot before they would register it.

They also wanted to see proof of insurance on both my 400ex and the 250ex before they would register it.

Probably comes down to the mood of the service ontario rep you're dealing with haha.
Yall need to have a Canadian tea party. Damn doing all that to ride an ATV.

Here we are supposed to title a new wheeler, but nobody does because they don't want to pay property tax on them every year.

None of the LEO around her even check for the registration sticker that I've ever seen.

That said, I ride 99% of the time on private land so if they ask me why mine isn't registered my response will be "What I do with my property on my land is my business".

If I have to register the thing and pay property taxes on it then I better be able to ride it on public roads. Otherwise they can kiss my foot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
There was another stolen a few miles away. So all in total 7 or 8 have been taken in a weeks time. All of them have been nice 4 wheelers. Honda's and can ams. So far no one has came forth and said they have seen anything. Please everyone keep your eyes open for a trailer load of 4 wheelers.. Thanks for all the help..

21 - 40 of 144 Posts
About this Discussion
143 Replies
33 Participants
semperfi1919
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing