Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2007 Honda 420. The front disc brakes stick when you squeeze the handle. The handle doesn't release unless you push it out.... I tried bleeding the brakes but this hasn't helped.... any ideas?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Loosen the bolt on the handle a little bit.

The wife's did that. I loosened the bolt a hair and it now clicks back all the way out.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a 2007 Honda 420. The front disc brakes stick when you squeeze the handle. The handle doesn't release unless you push it out.... I tried bleeding the brakes but this hasn't helped.... any ideas?
Thanks
Bleeding wouldn't help. Have you pulled the calipers and checked the wear on the pads? you could have one, or both, calipers sticking, so there isn't hydraulic pressure returning the handle back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The brakes used to work fine. I did pull the calipers and all seems fine. perhaps bleeding them again?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Are the brakes working well, other than the handle not returning? If there's air in the system, they won't work. If they are working, there is no air to bleed. As Jeep said, loosen the bolt that the handle pivots on, or spray it with some lubricant- see if that takes care of it.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
I bet the return hole in the master cylinder is stopped up !.

Reactions: hodge5

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
remove the top cover from the master cylinder, remove the black round boot down in the bottom, ( yes..brake fluid is in the way..lol ) just drain the master cylinder. under the boot/plug, is two holes, your after the very tiny hole, they clog, and wont' let the pressure return from the calipers.

Reactions: hodge5

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!.. I will try anything and all of these ideas... the caliper seem fine .. its more that there isn't enough pressure to "push back"... so i'll drain the MC and see if it helps

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Thanks!.. I will try anything and all of these ideas... the caliper seem fine .. its more that there isn't enough pressure to "push back"... so i'll drain the MC and see if it helps
draining it won't help !, you got to clean the return hole, this is your problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts