Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just replaced my lower steering bearing on my 99 300fw. I assembled it all no problem. The shaft has a wide tooth cut out and so does the steering arm but I was wondering if it is possible to assemble those 2 pieces off center from each other?
To me that cut out looks just like a couple teeth are missing so I was wondering if rotated the right way if it could be put back together not aligned properly?
I didn't try it at the time and now that it's together I was wondering if it is possible.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
we need a pic of what your saying.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
I've not long done my lower column bearing, I know exactly what your saying though. The answer is, no it can't be put back together out of line, I tried as I thought exactly the same lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've not long done my lower column bearing, I know exactly what your saying though. The answer is, no it can't be put back together out of line, I tried as I thought exactly the same lol.
Thanks. I didn't think about it until I already put it back together haha.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Haha.. Yeah the gap is more of a square cut out rather than two splines missing if that makes sense.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I'll take Sam's word for it and say it only goes on one way. I do have a steering shaft and arm sitting in my garage though so I will double check if I think of it tomorrow...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts