Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/B]Replaced both front wheel bearings on my 08 Foreman 4x4, and now the steering seems stiffer. Is this normal or could I have over tightened the balljoints, and tierod? Thanks for reading....[/B]

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
There should be a bit of play in them, Nothing loose, but a bit of movement end to end for the travel of the suspension..

I was just wondering if you lost your end play.. That would make it steer hard..

Bizarre..

Keep us updated on your findings..

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is possible the tie rods are too tight, especially if the bushings are shot. I'm not 100% familiar with that machine but a lot of the models need the tie rod nut run up pretty snug then a cotter pin through the castle nut & tie rod to keep it from backing off?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The service manual calls for the Tierods to be torqued to 40lbs.

My old bearings were just junked, maybe I got use to the slop, I don't know its so weird..

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you torqued them down to specs, you should be good. 40lbs isn't that much. If it has been ridden a lot, you would have a little slop. New bearings and re-torque of front end should have tightened things up. If it's just a little tighter, that's good. If it's flat out hard to turn, there may be an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts