Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 fourtrax 300. I need advice on how to reinstall the stator cover. It seems as if my shifter will not line up correctly as when I put the cover back on, the shifter is stuck. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
36,940 Posts
did you pull the shifting shaft all the way out when you removed the cover ?, if you did ?, then now you must remove the right side cover to get the shaft to line correctly back up with the clutch arm.

·
Super Moderator
36,940 Posts
I did pull shaft all the way thru. Thanks for the feedback. Are there marks on other side to realign?
yes, once the right side cover is off, peer into the lower side where the shaft comes through, you will see a raised arrow stamped on the case just to the left of the hole, you now need to slide the clutch arm that has a punch mark stamped on the end of it, it lines up with that raised arrow, once thats back on, you now need to get the reverse lever back in, all your washers back on where they go. if the gasket tears ?, you will need a new gasket , or touch it up with yamabond or hondabond..DO NOT USE RTV SEALANT HERE !!.

·
Super Moderator
36,940 Posts
its best to put the left side back on first, a couple bolts hand tight, then install the right side, couple bolts, test shifting, if all good ?, then finish job :). your lucky I came on here, most of us hang out on our new site---atvhonda.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts