Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I keep hearing mixed things about this if my stator was bad would I still be getting spark if I have a brand new battery?

Premium Member
Possible. Were you running it with a bad or dead battery?

diagnostics are in the service manual
Download the service manual from the link in my signature block below

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I started it pulled it up maybe 25ft shut it off never did start again I鈥檓 not getting any spark so far I鈥檝e changed out the cdi box and I鈥檝e put a new coil new silinoid and new battery in this and I鈥檝e already tried by passing the kill switch still no spark the stator is the only thing I can think of now would I still get spark if I have a brand new battery?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It鈥檚 on run and the fuses look good their not burnt they look like their in pretty good shape no cracks or anything only thing I can think to do is replace the stator give that a try we never had a problem with the battery going dead though

Premium Member
You can test the resistance of the stator poles; procedures in manual.
did you get an oem CDI for your model? 88 CDI; 89-93 CDI; 94-97 CDI; 88-00 CDI all model specifc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found the right one it鈥檚 coming out tomorrow it was a dc but come to find out theirs lots of oil in with my stator it was even in the plug how would it of gotten in the plug? And so far I鈥檓 thinking the oil messed up the stator and regulater which would of messed up the cdi am I right? And this is a whole new problem now what is causing oil in my stator

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok guys got it running new stator and regulater and it was the cdi I plugged the old one in and the cheap one on Amazon neather one would fire up so it runs now I鈥檓 going to start another thread now I got it where it shifts good but won鈥檛 move any ideas guys?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah you can shift threw all the gears even go in reverse but it don鈥檛 move runs and sounds good thinking I have a broke fork or pinion

Premium Member
Well, if it shifts, it shouldn't have a broken shift fork. Do a clutch adjustment. Right below the oil filter, there is a nut, undo that nut, and unscrew the adjustment bolt until you feel resistance, (or in your case, it might be too far, and you need to tighten) Then tighten 1/4 of a turn. Make sure that the screw doesn't turn when tightening the nut.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tried it nothing still. it shifts threw all gears good still after I changed out the stator somehow I shifted up and it was stuck I put the rod back in and down shifted by hand it went easy I didn鈥檛 force it but I think something gave and I don鈥檛 know what that would be then. Any ideas? I really appreciate it

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The one in the transmission I been doing research some say bent or broke forks or the pinion in the transmission is messed up but I鈥檓 thinking it鈥檚 got to be clutch or bent fork鈥 maybe drive shaft? I guess I won鈥檛 know till it鈥檚 apart I鈥檓 just nervous I鈥檓 going to open it and have gears fall out on me or something so I鈥檓 hoping theirs something simple I can try when I first got the shift rod in I went in reverse and couldn鈥檛 shift back up after I got it back in and got it to shift (I didn鈥檛 force it) it made a noise it鈥檒l shift into every gear now including reverse I just don鈥檛 know what all it could of messed up directly behind the shifter

Premium Member
Did you buy it broken, or did you do something wrong when you put the stator in? did it function fine before?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts