Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 02 rancher es that the top end was rebuilt about 120 miles ago. when i cold start it, i put the choke on, and it starts right up. i leave the choke on for about 15 seconds, then take it off and rev it up a little bit. when revving, i see some light whiteish smoke come from the pipe, is this normal or something to be worried about?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
As long as it's not using any oil and just does it a little when you first start it like that when it's cold, I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen a lot of ATVs do that.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, thanks ill keep an eye on it

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
like helmut said..if it's not using oil..it should be ok..did you do a top end job on that engine ?..were the valve steam guides replaced ?..if not..they are probally leaking oil down on top of your piston. either that..or your oil rings are worn...could be running rich too..hard to tell from here..lol.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the cylinder was bored, new piston, rings and the vale seals where replaced, it burns no oil, it just smokes some white smoke when its cold. once shes warm, it starts up fine with no smoke at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts