Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody stand the quad on its back end and do the maintenance on it?
I remember seeing a mechanic at a Honda shop doing it.

·
Premium Member
5,258 Posts
I don’t. I use a motorcycle lift. Depends on what maintenance is being done. Why would you want to stand yours?
If standing is done, carefully consider fluid levels and how fluids can shift around when the quad is tipped. For instance I would empty or lower fuel level in the fuel tank, turn off petcock, drain carb.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of standing it up to pull off the Electronic gear shift to regrease it. I was laying on the ground trying to get to the bolts and found it uncomfortable to wrench those off.

·
Premium Member
5,258 Posts
Yeah that’s a good reason and then I don’t think you’ll have to get it up perpendicular—just high enough to access the shift motor. I personally would drain the carb, fuel tank and engine oil BUT i have not done this task. Would rather hear from someone who has done it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great. Think I'm going to do that. Why lay on the floor.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Have anything overhead to hook your winch to? Just enough to make it easy for you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an overhead 12" I beam in my garage with a beam trolley attached to a 1 ton hoist.
The biggest obstacle is what will pour out and how much damage would it do. But I'll run some of the gas down and hook it up. Should be fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts