Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bout to get a stage2 hot cam for my 05 400ex and was wondering what if anything else i would have to do to the quad when i install it.... and what any of you guys think about the cam i see the majority of u with 400's have them

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I have a stage 2 in my 450, awesome power gain. You will need to rejet for sure. Check your valve clearance and get the timing spot on

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what size jet you running on the 450?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I run a 165 main can't remember the rest. I also run at 7500ft above sea level and more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah not sure but i think im running a 170

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah but ive been reading up on it and alot of people claim its for my low and mid power but hott cams website says the stage 2 is for mid and top end, also read alot of reviews that say the same... im looking for mid and top end power

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Who are you gonna believe, the people who think a louder exhaust makes you faster or the people who have spent tons of money and hours researching and designing and then testing on a dyno machine, a product to increase power???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i was thinking the same thing lol... im getting it anyway soo all the bs i read really doesnt phase me, just looking for more opinions on the matter, guess ill be the judge once its installed

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Yes you can feel a difference on the low end but most people don't take high speed turns so they are never feeling the top end pull. I do desert racing where it is common to take a turn in the upper 4th gear range, coming out of those turns my quad likes to stand up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice thats what im looking for i do most trail riding and open field... not to mention dune riding

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the stage 2 and I like it. it's not a bottom end cam it's mid to high r's. I called hot cam's before I got mine and talked to tech. Asked them how much bottom end I was going to lose. The guy told me @4% but if I was increasing bore or comp. I wouldn't notice. Well long story short he wasn't full of it, for the money its a good cam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts