Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a new SRA Honda for mudding mostly and some trail rides. The foreman seems to weight 36 pounds more, are there any other disadvantages ?
Would I be able to spin 30" skinny/wide zillas fairly easily all stock ? Do they fit ?

Leaning towards foreman SRA, footshift, EPS

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
351 Posts
Get the foreman it has lower gearing plus more low end power for big tires and the diff lock helps a lot in rutted trails. You end up with one front tire up in the air quite often climbing out of holes.
30 inch zillas work good on a bone stock 520 honda.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get the foreman it has lower gearing plus more low end power for big tires and the diff lock helps a lot in rutted trails. You end up with one front tire up in the air quite often climbing out of holes.
30 inch zillas work good on a bone stock 520 honda.
Ended up ordering a rubicon, foreman was 6 to 12 months from my local dealer and my riding friends been pushing me towards IRS, we'll see how it goes 🤷‍♂️

2022 rubicon footshift EPS
November 1st delivery

·
Registered
9 Posts
I appreciate the reply. Anybody know the actual difference in the gearing ?
The Rancher is geared lower than any ATV I've ever been on. I can't imagine gearing it even lower than this for a Foreman.

I use 4th gear even when cruising down trails. It's ridiculous.

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
351 Posts
My rubicon is geared so low I take off in second with 27 inch tires all the time unless im in deep mud.
Its topped out at less than 50mph with stock tires, its silly and not useful to have them geared this low, thats pretty much my only complaint with the new hondas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a '20 rancher, added the front bumper, 2 inch lift, full back seat, with aftermarket wheels and ITP 28s and I don't notice a difference in speed per se, I still hit 55 on the road. I will say, there's been a couple mud holes that I've been full throttle and bogging down, granted mud will do that to any fourwheeler at a certain point but that's just my personal experience with 28s so 30s might be a little worse.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts