Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just recently got a new ATV. It's a late 90's Trx300EX. I want to clean out the fuel system because it's been sitting for a while, at least over a year, and I can see dirt in the gas tank. whats the best way to completely clean out a fuel system for one of these? is there a drain valve for the fuel line and filters? also whats the best way to dispose of the bad fuel once I'm done with it?

Thank you for any help or advice you're able to give me.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
welcome to the forums. dirt in the gas tank ?..never seen this ?..rust...yes !..dirt ?..i'd wonder who's putting it in there ?!..lol. the fuel tank should have a petcock on the bottom side of it. you can always remove it from the frame, and dump all you can from the filler cap. I dump old/bad fuel right out on the ground ( yes, I know your not suppose to !..lol ).

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Oops, I best go and fill in that oily looking hole next to my shed!!

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Makes for good weed killer and fire ant mound poison...after it the killing, just burn the old oil/gas off :)

Sam.... Don't try the burning off part.....

Reactions: SamUK

·
Premium Member
4,696 Posts
Oh man that's my gig you guys are hurtin my heart. I run that gas thru a coffee filter and put it in my truck.
Well seriously gasoline has more of the lighter weight hydrocarbons so will not last as long in soil as oil. Both do break down over time but you could also put that old gas in a coffee can and burn it off some night.
Keep the skeeters off yer
You guys too young to remember coffee cans huh?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts