Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys im lost on this 1997 honda 300 fourtrax I have done everything I can think of but I know I have missed something. It will sit and ideal fine but when I start to ride or put it in to gear it spits and sputs no backfiring just want stop spitting and sputtering. I have cleaned the gas tank put in a inline and still.so I thought it was cdi put a new one on.then I thought it was my stator and rectifier. Still.i cleaned crap cleaned pitcox and still the same crap.even got a new tank and crap still doing it.im lost I really need some advice.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Try cleaning the carburator

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have cleaned the carb and pet and still.
I replaced the carb with a new one and still.
Then I thought maybe it could be the gas lines so I done a line filter and still.
Next I bought a new stator and rectifier and still.
So I got a new gas tank also.still the same.
Then I done the cdi box still.
I got to thinking it could be pressure in the tank so I done
That by unsrewing the cap and deducing the pressure
and still the same thing.it ideals fine but as soon as you but it in to gear it starts cutting out and when you take off it keeps cutting out more.it does not die it just keeps cutting out and when you put it in neutral it stops.
im waiting on my new coil to come in

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then I thought maybe it could be the gas lines so I done a line filter and still.
and still the same thing.it ideals fine but as soon as you but it in to gear it starts cutting out and when you take off it keeps cutting out more.it does not die it just keeps cutting out and when you put it in neutral it stops.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever get it fixed?

·
Super Moderator
38,355 Posts
and just where and what kind of c.d.i. did you replace it with ?..was it from amazon or ebay ?..if so ?..thats your problem !.

·
Super Moderator
38,355 Posts
and is the carb oem ?..or china knock-off too ?..these two alone will cause your issues !.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts