Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this form. I have a 1995 Honda 300 4X4. when I shut the engine off something continues to spin and whine {gear Noise?} for a moment after the engine stops. It seems to be coming from the transmission or transfer case. Any thoughts on what it could be? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Your "one-way" bearing inside your engine is so worn out that it is now a two way bearing. It'll need to be replaced. Parts are not so expensive and there is likely a You Tube video that can assist you with the repair along with the shop manual.

The part that I think is worn is #26 at the link below.

https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/hon/506bb51cf870023420a21e37/clutch

Rick

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
if your one way bearing went out , then you may have noticed , the bike will free wheel a lot easier when you let off the throttle , the one way bearing kind of acts like a engine brake and slows you down when you let off , also the kick starter will not engage ----- not bad thing to change , just make sure you install it with the correct rotation

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took off the starter reduction gears to get a look at the clutch, It would only turn one way. Stared the engine up with the kick starter. when I turn it off the noise seems to be coming from the clutch until it stops spinning. Perhaps the one way bearing is starting to go?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts