Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as i hate to admit it, im a horrible speller. Having a spell check that works would be great. On some of forums im on if i misspell a word it is underlined, if i right click on it, it gives me the correct spelling, i click on the correctly spelled word and it changes it for me. Not sure if thats possible here or not but that would be great.

With that being said i did just notive ABC with a check under it on the tool bar just above where im typing this post. I clicked it and nothing happened, i thought maybe i had everything spelled correctly. So i purposely misspelled a couple words and clicked the box and still nothing happened. Then i highlighted the entire post and clicked it and still nothing happened.

Just a thought...

Wayne

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
spell checking is used here, but it should be ran from your operating system on your pc. spell checking works for me here, if I miss-spell a word ?, it underlines it, but some times I want the word I typed to be there anyway , soooooooo..i ignore it..lol.

·
Super Moderator
38,073 Posts
and yes, I too am bad about spelling !..lol. ( as long as I get the mesg across ?..I don't care !..lol ).

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
firefox browser has a checkbox in general settings, that needs to be checked.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I hack words up bad too.... I'm like shade as long as the point gets across, I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Your browser has a native spell checker. Depending on which one you use will change how you turn it on/off, but heres an explanation for Chrome.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-ways-to-spell-check-on-the-go-in-chrome/

Try that, or your browsers equivalent to have a spell check running. Chrome has corrected me twice already because I type too fast.

As for the ABC, Im not sure where you were clicking when you found that but the site does not have a spell checker in the software or the text editor.

What browser/OS/device are you on?

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
ABC is alcohol & beverage control. my browser dont have that, though it should.
I got dyslexia maxamus, i spell so bad that the spellchecker cant find the correct word often.
i did download a free dictionary once. it was from over the pond i think. [the sage] did help a lot, with some words. of course speaking backwoods-country-billy, it couldnt find lots of my misspelled words. i have to rewrite sentences, with words that i can spell. some dictionary's have a thing where you spell a word, it spells words that are similar. once i see the word spelled correctly, i know which one it is. :wink
just payed attention, sometimes it happens. when using edit, when i right click, a window opens, and i can check or uncheck spelling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts