Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Honda Forman 450es and the speedometer screen is not working went online and they no longer sell them just wondering if anyone had this problem before and can you use one for a different year.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
i think the years run 98-00. my screen faded. what happened to yours?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The previous owner left it outside and the sun got it and I had bought one but the plug to plug it into the bike was sized different

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
The previous owner left it outside and the sun got it and I had bought one but the plug to plug it into the bike was sized different
their is a way to replace screen, i will come across this later. i have talked about it with other members.. mine got faded by the sun. common problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 98 Honda Forman 450es and the speedometer screen is not working went online and they no longer sell them just wondering if anyone had this problem before and can you use one for a different year.
Contact Ron at the following....
You have to first check your connections and if ok eMail him.
Your best bet will be removing your speedometer and remove the circuit board/digital lcd display, send it to him, it will be repaired and returned to you.
Excellent and dependable work, you will not regret it.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
i was thinking of someone else. let me know how it turn's out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
AKATV on HondaForeman.com does the repairs-

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Contact Ron at the following....
You have to first check your connections and if ok eMail him.
Your best bet will be removing your speedometer and remove the circuit board/digital lcd display, send it to him, it will be repaired and returned to you.
Excellent and dependable work, you will not regret it.
i am in between computer's. you didnt say where to mail..

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,073 Posts
Do they do, faded by the sun gauge or speedo?
if your plastic cover is faded ?, you can just replace it, fairly cheap, easy to replace, its not part of the meter.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
AKATV on HondaForeman.com does the repairs-
i am in between computer's. you didnt say where to mail..
AKATV repairs meters for the 350 Ranchers and 450 Foremans. He's active over on atvhonda.com

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Do they do, faded by the sun gauge or speedo?
Sorry i am not easy too understand. always this way. LED screen is messed up. someone on this site had a way to repair it. my LED screen is unreadable. faded by the sun it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts