Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone put the sparks advance key in...does it help..... would it hurt to put a hot cam with it does all that do too much for the timing....how bout removing the choke and putting in a 42 pilot jet does that help throttle response?? sorry im new and got a lot a questions

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
That is all I know about the sparks key. From what I read it is designed for a stock motor. It will work with their revbox aswell. Not sure about cams etc but I don't think it is recommended for any internal motor mods. I have a Curtis Sparks exhaust. Great product!

·
Registered
38 Posts
the advanced key is recommended for a stock cam, but a xr400 cam is a stock cam

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 400EX in stock form is very low compression and responds extremely well to advancing the timing 6 degrees. The Sparks Racing Ignition Advance Key advances the timing 6 degrees. There are no side affects from the installation of this key. It must only be used in conjuction with a stock piston. This key works great with any other modification, Hi-rev CDI's, performance camshafts, carburetor kits, etc. Just not high compression or big bore pistons. We also include a flywheel puller for your convenience.

·
Registered
38 Posts
stand corected stock PISTON. most of the after market cams suck without raising comp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.