Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the posts I keep reading about people spacing the oil coller further away from the radiator. Anyone willing to explain this to me? Sounds like this could help part of my heat problem.

·
Registered
233 Posts
ross i got some pics for you. The problem with the oil coolers is there to close to the rad and if you mud alot they get pack solid. I went to the hard wear store got some stanless steal bolts and some nylon spacers. Theres enoff hose to space it out 1/2" PS get the long spacers not the thin ones there a pain to stack.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Made it a little smaller for you.

·
Registered
233 Posts
thx Helmut.

also i anti-sized the bolts the whole aluminum/steel thing( electrallises) . granted they are stainless (but i don't use them much/ never)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
One thing to add for the mechanically challenged like myself. In my zeal to get the radiator spaced out I failed to notice the top oil line at the rear of the rad was pushing the plastic fan shroud into the rad. After putting in the spacers I moved to the next priority item - installing a fan bypass switch. I looked at the fan and it was making grinding noises as I turned the shroud by hand. GREAT I said now I need a &%@^ing fan motor. Looked at it today when I was in a better mood, saw the oil line pressing on the shroud, pried the oil line back a bit and all is well with the world.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.