Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have noticed here as well other places where you write, and there is a space in between the next line. a gap. its not this site.

i did this gap, to show an example.,, i often have to go to the front of sentence and back space, so it doesnt take some much room up. anyone got an ideal what causes this. i think its a ghost in my machine, so to speak. if i were starting a different paragraph it might be one thing, this strikes random. ??

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
i have noticed here as well other places where you write, and there is a space in between the next line. a gap. its not this site.

i did this gap, to show an example.,, i often have to go to the front of sentence and back space, so it doesnt take some much room up. anyone got an ideal what causes this. i think its a ghost in my machine, so to speak. if i were starting a different paragraph it might be one thing, this strikes random. ??
I assume the gap you are referring is the physical separation between sentences which appears like a new paragraph. Correct? I have personally made those separations by making a "hard return/hit enter" and showing it here by forcing it down

and thought that was the only way it could occur. So, you are experiencing the separation in additional ways other than "hard return"?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah when I type I make those spaces to indicate I'm moving on to next subject.

Unless you see that mid sentence I think it's intentional.

Btw these were intentional

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
I use my iPhone through safari and use the classic layout on the forum, don’t use any apps or phone based junk as far as I’m aware. I also encounter an issue occasionally, I have to hit return three times to get a two line space between paragraphs, sometimes it won’t be an issue and then other times it is.. I’ve learnt to live with it now though.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
too much space, between sentences

alloutdoors; yep. i just tried hitting enter and shift at the same time,, nothing, it just went down 1 line. just ever so often, it goes 2, for no particular reason. i can do the work around, use backspace,, or just leave it at is, but i got to solve a problem. something inside that makes me want to fix things that dont work. OCD :smile PS sometimes when i hit enter, it just does 2 lines instead of 1.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll do that soon goose.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me know and I'll look into it.
for the most part,, i am not experanceing this now, an on occasion, then it does it, i forget to do a screen shot before i correct it. however, i have a simalir problem.
when posting that i can share.
this will be an exanple...
i will have to get the pictures, added after easter weekend

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
paragraph

paragraph.. your quite funny, VS_Goose,, an i enjoy that. the system im on now is XP, with a lot of protection.
. im migrating to linux. the more windows gets, the less it is. if you notice the dot, i had 4 spaces, before [im] at the front, of this sentence, i would like to do this without the dot. when i try, everything moves forward, till its a straight line again, on the left, when i post. the few spaces between the dot, that i put in, also disperse, i try to accent, my paragraph, an even my syntax on occasion.left out my, dialect.., i would like to do 3 or 4 empty spaces, to say im trying to go to a different subject. still working on it, whatever it is. //Ed
i left out Firefox browser, dont ya know. its fully updated.
always monday

·
Registered
463 Posts
I spend more time deleting the post from the wrong account and reposting it on the proper one, then I do dealing with the issues.

Atleast this time I got it right.

As for the posting issues, try switching your Message Editor Interface to standard (if enhanced) and enhanced (if standard). See if that fixes anything.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i can see where posting in the wrong place would be time consuming. i hope i aint been giving to much problem, myself.
ill try doing what you say. much thanks. the picture of you avatar,, the helmet, just about go's with ,, the patriot missile.

Reactions: XplicitRacing6

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
i had forgot this thread a bit, an why i wrote it, my question is not solved, and i had not sent the pictures, that you need, to help. this is on me. some of the threads i post are not solved, some are not finished, yet i have a few that are done.. i was wondering if there might be a token, or some other way, to mark a thread solved, sometime in the future. just food for thought. least i can mark my threads solved, those that are.. perhaps i should have posted this, somewhere else on the forum.?? i will look into this next, fore i forget.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
as far as spaces between sentences, i found the back up button, helps me in that re-guard.
sometimes i would at least like 4 spaces, before i start a new paragraph...
if you look at the word, [sometimes], in the past sentence, i would like 4 or 5 spaces, as a marker, too the start of a new paragraph. the word [if], could be moved the same. i dont know how to write the question, as i have flunked most english classes, i ever took, except one.. its the education system, set up over here.. they just want to pass students, not help students on the weak points. //Ed:|

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
im on firefox, it doesnt matter if i use linux or windows.
the problem is like in a book, where you start the next paragraph, 4-5 spaces before you write the first letter. i try to do this, yet my first word, and the sentence, move back to the left margin.
it has to do with spacing, between words or sentences, or the beginning, or a paragraph..
this can wait some as ya got your hands full, with the recent site change. thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts