Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up a 72 F250 highboy. I'll be pulling the 390 for a 408W stroker 500HP, modern 5 speed atlas transfer case, a nice repaint, bucket seats but I think it'll look cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
I like them older fords, had a few friends re do a bunch back in the early 90's on some 1970's, with that granny low gear in them, could get out and walk faster then they went LOL
they didn;t ride so great, took maybe a ton in the bed to make the leaf's even start to move LOL
I even forget what yr they were that had them compartments in the rear lower quarter panels, still don;t know why they didn;t become popular, would LOVE to have them on modern trucks now, seems like just wasted space that could be used, all the more so with newer materials to keep things dry in them'

but them old fords sure sat high for stock trucks, and well, they really were trucks, as to all these new over priced grocery getters they sell now!

so cool project

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Devorsed transfer caes (plus)

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
12,436 Posts
I was a Ford guy when I was 4 wheeling trucks , never had the 72 style , had quite a few 78-79 and Broncos , my buddy had a 72 , if I remember right he had the a 360 , 4 speed with a gear to gear transfer case and his front and rear diffs were one number off from the factory .410 and .409 ----it was a bad ass truck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts