Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello gentlemen! My name is Harry and I am a mechanical engineer and former team member and team leader of the University of Patras FSAE team, UoPRacing, in Greece. Not quite sure how many of you are aware of what FSAE is about. It is an international competition where engineering students design, build and race single seater cars. I stumbled upon your forum while searching info about the Hondamatic hydraulic transmission and its possibility to be used in such a car. Thus I would appreciate any info regarding dimension(s), weight and any general photos of the ATV layout, as well as any piece of info on using it (Comparision with CVT's, possible drawbacks, common issues etc). Thanks and sorry for hijacking the thread!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a Rincon in the shop now with a failed Hondamatic. Reverse, no ussue but forward was like riding s bucking bronc. After verifying that the issue was not drive line (ie u-joints, cv's, drive shafts and diffs), out came the motor. These are the things that happen when you go 3 years without changing oil! I love when customers call them a piece of junk because they don't do their maintenance. He also started he used the cheapest oil he could find at Wal-Mart...SMH! These transmissions are very finicky to cheap oil and below standard maintenance. Maybe the 1800.00 Hondamatic, plus labor and parts, will awaken his need to take proper care of his machine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

21 - 22 of 22 Posts