Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New member here, hopefully I am posting this on the right board within the forums.

Purchased a "customized" 250r for my son a few months ago. A couple weeks ago the axle "end nut" came off the left back and was lost.

I have had a heck of a time finding a replacement, mainly I think because I have not been able to identify the axle manufacturer. I have read many posts, researched etc. Still have yet to find an answer.

Of course, before I got to this point I just got the OEM nut and it does not fit. Then I was "told" it was a DuraBlue axle, but according to their web page they sell a similar end nut to the OEM at 20MM which was too big.

Any help to maybe identify the axel manufacturer or help provide some pointers would be greatly appreciated. Its killing my son to not have this monster up and running lol...

Some pics....

Axle - 23 splines from my count.

End nut, the one needed is on the left, the OEM 20MM is on the right (which was too big). The correct end nut also has a pin hole and uses a cotter pin to secure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, tried a diff dealer today, pretty much same thing. "Sorry, cant help..."

Kind of sucks...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So ended up taking a chance on a 17mm 1.5tp castle nut available on amazon, based on sizing the correct existing nut best i could.

Replacement nut fits: TRX250EX, TRX300EX, ATC250SX.....

Anyways, cheers for the advice, much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts