Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I recently purchased a K&N filter for my new Rincon and after seeing and reading about how much dirt and dust passes through them, it’s coming off. I haven’t even gone on a ride yet with it, and I don’t trust it. I’m going to put the stock filter back on for now.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
S what is the difference between aftermarket foam filters and the stock foam filter on 400ex's?
Either will work fine, I've never had an issue with the stock filters on a 400EX or 450R.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I ran K&N on my 300EX, Z400, and my GSXR750. Never, ever seen my that much crap on the intake. But when I ran it on my Rincon, I would notice the fine dust more. Now I only run the K&N in the winter.
Why run it at all? What's the advantage?

·
Registered
32 Posts
about how long does it normally take to download? im downloading the one for a 02 trx400ex and it says 16 hours

·
Registered
832 Posts
Wow thanks for the info, definitely won't be getting a k&n filter

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Yep, same info is floating around on the Jeep boards. K&N are great for street/racing, but have no business on any kind of offroad vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So if I switch to a moose racing or twin air or uni from my KnN in my 300 honda 4x4 with a 355 high lifter big bore kit and jetted plus exhaust i won't notice a performance decrease ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
So if I switch to a moose racing or twin air or uni from my KnN in my 300 honda 4x4 with a 355 high lifter big bore kit and jetted plus exhaust i won't notice a performance decrease ?
Not really, nothing you would honestly feel. Maybe like a .2 horsepower on the dyno xD

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
I go back and forth between a K^N and a uni, wash one use other while drying, doing so for going on 17 yrs, never noticed any difference between the two, and my motor runs great still ?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts