Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I was looking at the front mount plow system fir my Rincon. Do you or anyone here recommend it?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Can you get the plow kit without the electric plow lift? My 2011 Rancher is already equipped with a winch. If so how much?

·
Registered
54 Posts
are the moose plows worth the price? i know they're pretty popular, but the price seems kind of steep compared to other plows i've looked at. living in new hampshire, i'd like to get something that's pretty high quality. any ideas for how i should choose a plow is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
are the moose plows worth the price? i know they're pretty popular, but the price seems kind of steep compared to other plows i've looked at. living in new hampshire, i'd like to get something that's pretty high quality. any ideas for how i should choose a plow is much appreciated.
My buddy has a Cycle Country plow set up on his Rincon, and it mounts to the A-arms. He is pretty careless too, running into sidewalks and rocks, goes too fast with the blade on the ground, and it seems to be holding up good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
cycle country were the other ones I was considering. mounting to the A-arms sounds likes it's easy to connect and disconnect. seems like the arms themselves would take a beating...

·
Registered
199 Posts
JWiles:
I was looking at the same plow and considering the same thing. I think im going to get the center mount even though the a arm mount looks easier. Seems like it would be too hard on the A arms.

·
Registered
54 Posts
plus i bet being center mounted, might be alot smoother stop when gliding into snowbanks. i guess the weight would be evenly distributed as opposed to just the front of the bike. but more of a pain to take the mount off if you wanted to during summer. wonder how much ground clearance you lose with the center mount...

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I own a Moose plow and have for 15 yrs now, on same atv, it has been a super plow, I have beat the crap out of it yr round, its a belley mount, the strongest set up there is, all OEM state this on there web sites too, so NOT just my opinion
I have moved tons of gravel with mine,(moved 60 ton this summer with it alone) tons top soil, logs, debris from trail and in barns and all sorts of things it WASN"T made for,
and miles of snow every winter too, it has seen a ton of use from me!

have NO issue's with recommending it to anyone
NOW< I will say this, a front mount is more than likely as striong a mount as you will ever need to plow snow
and there are maybe more pro's to a front mount than con's

a bottom mount/mid mount, you loose ground clearance, the blades canot be lifted as high as front mounts can, and they are NOT as user friendly to remove put/off, on as front mounts are!
BUT they MID mounts/belly mounts tend to be cheaper to buy, and again, are the strongest sets up out there!
IF I ever buy another plow, it will be a moose belly mount again, have NO problems with its con's for how well its held up, there a small price to payand well theer actually cheaper LOL)

I have an older style push tube. belly mount, and as you can see, I loose a bunch of ground clearance, the newer styles are ot as bad, but here is what mine looks like!
first will be my push tube ends that mount on my belly mount!
then the belly mount under the atv!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts