Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Thanks. You got most of the mods right but it's Cycle country plow not moose, they look the same. I also have addition mods like reverse shift override, heated grips and throttle, Superwinch Terra 3,500 with the wheel fairlead and Progressive 512 shocks. Without the shock upgrade the front would drop a lot when I picked up the plow. Recently I also had to replace the front axle drives with STI ones because they were clicking, I think due to the 1" higher shocks and 1" higher tires.
It's been a plow machine most of its life, I'm the second owner, recently it has also become more of a trail machine. It has 1800 miles and 570 hours. It's a great machine for plowing, nibble on the trails, easy to fix, it's tough, I don't care what people say I have a friend who has one with 9,000 miles 1100 hours, everyone and their sister who has never been on an Atv and does know how to shift as drove it and the machine still runs great. Also, love the shift button, to me foot shift sucks, just don't like it, prefer the push bottom much more.

How do you like your split in the middle plow? I don't know what else to call it.

Btw: nice machine you got there, love those old machines.

Registered
been a piss poor winter here as far as snow falling and plowing this yr, and to be honest I been using both the ATV and the SKid steer to plow with, wore off one skid on plow,. so had to replace that on mine this yr

as for what to call the OP's plow
there called a "V plow"

NOW to the OP
I forget, but did you make that so it can scoop too, or just V and angle/straight on it?
a Scoop would be pretty cool I think option at times!

as for E shift over foot shift
the foot shift wins BIG time on being more durable and reliable, just do any search on any forum about them and you will find hundreds if not thousands of treads on E shift issue's

AS far as shifting goes, there both pretty sinple
I grew up shifting Manual food shift machine, so to me its like second nature to use my foot, mind less like deal
I will always prefer a foot shift over that and well they just work better overall, les parts to go bad, and NOT requiring a battery to work??(something that drains evem more power when PLOWING,(winch and all add to systems drain IMO)

but when e shifts WORK, most do like them!

Registered
All our snow melted here in north eastern Wisconsin.. And we just got about 8 or so inches but not enough to take my sleds out. But their is some pretty stupid idiots riding their sleds in basically dirt.... I just shake my head and say wow the world is full of dumb M(#( *(E#IErs...

Registered
All our snow melted here in north eastern Wisconsin.. And we just got about 8 or so inches but not enough to take my sleds out. But their is some pretty stupid idiots riding their sleds in basically dirt.... I just shake my head and say wow the world is full of dumb M(#( *(E#IErs...
You know its nuts what some folks will do with a sled

I seen on a snowmobile site last week, some guy was posting about IF he had UN NORMAL excessive wear on a SKI/Scag, as the scag got push thru the ski
he then went on to say he road 30-40 miles of gravel roads with sled before the failure??
so he rode snowmobile 30-40 miles on a gravel road and wanted to know is wearing out a ski and scag was normal or not??
as it seemed like he was expecting a different result??
WHO rides a sled 30-40 miles on NO snow< and doesn't get that is BAD for things??

Got to love some people

and BY the way, MY T cat is getting re done, already have it broken down and new parts ordered, should be ready to ride in a few weeks or so
but DOUBT< any snow worth riding will happen again this \season
all my local trails are closed now

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Good replies all yup that's an old Cycle Country V-Plow. Came with a manual lift arm, but the linkage was rubbing on the frame so I took it off. About once year we'll get a 15+ inch event and higher drifting so I use the V to punch a lane and then readjust the push angle to the right. I haven't use it to scoop but I will give it a try!

We have an 01 ES at the job it was used in a stable to push manure and snow--it was close to being used up; had the shop replace the angle and left handlebar switches, adjust clutches. Never any problems and we have had several people use it no complaints

Registered
Here's mine. It is always in the scoop position hardly ever V it in unless its a really bad storm.
Usually start off with it angled then V it out and clean up the rest. Definitely love the V plow.
Solid bars in place of front shocks and sway bar end link removed.
2" strap lifting the blade
Heated Grips
Reverse Light

The thing has pushed a lot of snow, this has been a pretty crappy winter so far, maybe we'll get another taste of it yet but seems doubtful.

Attachments

Premium Member
Here is my plow...lol

Not a honda, but there is one in the back ground...

It started as a $40 piece of junk mower from 1972...

And ended up a plow..

Registered
It's been years since I put the Kimpex blade on my Rancher, I usually use this, we have a 9ft blade for it as well. Or my little 10 garden tractor above if I just want to play lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Wow pretty cool job ya did w that mower! Reminds me of that Craig Morgan song "chugaluggaluggin" along on mah P-P-P-P-plower

Mudlites on a trike now she may old but she still sassy!

I love the snow thrower on the pto but yikes I hate to drive backwards! We have a little 31hp turbo diesel Ventrac with a thrower. Keeps the golf course guys busy in the offseason

Premium Member
You ruined a good MF-7 lol I'm border-line offended LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would have to say it would be a lot more ruined if I didn't saved the little bastard from the scrapyard where I found it...lol

Sorry you're not impressed...!

But it works great for what I have to do!

Nice Massey 10 BTW.. with a factory blade~!!!

:rating10:

Registered
Noice! You built that didn't you? Vplows are usually heavier than std plows
Yeah I did this fall. It is actually lighter than my old blade which I also made but it was way overbuilt.

Reactions: Goober
1 - 17 of 17 Posts