Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new honda 520 had it snorkled at the dealer took it out for first ride water in oil never had it anywhere close to top of snorkel what could be the problem

·
Super Moderator
37,574 Posts
the problem ?..YOU !..lol don't take this the wrong way !!, but there is no way in the world your going to stop water from getting into the engine !!. regardless if the dealership did it or not ?..YOUR SCREWED !!. why ?, you now voided your warranty by having a snorkel installed on a factory , new atv. I can tell you right now, that dealership WILL NOT FIX IT UNDER WARRANTY !!!. think I am wrong ?, call honda corp, THEY WILL TELL YOU THE VERY SAME THING I AM TELLING YOU !. if you do get the dealership to fix your atv under warranty ?. IT WILL BE A FIRST I HAVE EVER HEARD OF THEM DOING IT !!!!!!!!!!!!.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Brand new honda 520 had it snorkled at the dealer took it out for first ride water in oil never had it anywhere close to top of snorkel what could be the problem

Buddy you bought a Honda for a reason. Change the oil and filter and maybe plug if u want and go ride that sumb^#%*% , suggest looking over all your vent tubes and snorkel pipe fittings and your air box intake / throttle body make sure everything is right and tight and sealed with silicone . Honda don’t need a warranty like everything else they’re stuff is built and built right . You’ll be fine bro do what I said screw the dealer get ur warranty money back and cancel it

·
Super Moderator
37,574 Posts
Buddy you bought a Honda for a reason. Change the oil and filter and maybe plug if u want and go ride that sumb^#%*% , suggest looking over all your vent tubes and snorkel pipe fittings and your air box intake / throttle body make sure everything is right and tight and sealed with silicone . Honda don’t need a warranty like everything else they’re stuff is built and built right . You’ll be fine bro do what I said screw the dealer get ur warranty money back and cancel it
wow..i guess you have never spent a ton of cash to rebuild a honda atv motor have you ?. and I also bet you have no idea what else is inside that motor besides water..right ?, I will agree..if he's gonna use it as a boat ?, then yes..he does need to try to seal it best he can. like I said..no matter what he does, dealership does ?, IT WILL NEVER BE WATER PROOF….EVER !!. this means...sooner or later..that engine will be ruined from sinking it in muddy water, lakes..whatever he goes in ?. his money, his time, so be it :).

·
Banned
9 Posts
wow..i guess you have never spent a ton of cash to rebuild a honda atv motor have you ?. and I also bet you have no idea what else is inside that motor besides water..right ?, I will agree..if he's gonna use it as a boat ?, then yes..he does need to try to seal it best he can. like I said..no matter what he does, dealership does ?, IT WILL NEVER BE WATER PROOF….EVER !!. this means...sooner or later..that engine will be ruined from sinking it in muddy water, lakes..whatever he goes in ?. his money, his time, so be it :).
Sir I can forward you my receipts from
A compete rebuild , however that’s not necessary in this case anyone reading this could care less . Your a argumentative fella . Obviously have your opinions. But assumptions only make one look ignorant.

Back to better news

You’ll be fine like I said change your oil and filter and ride the * out of it , if u ain’t breaking * you ain’t having fun .
And if you can’t afford to fix what you ride , you probably shouldn’t be on it !

·
Super Moderator
37,574 Posts
Sir I can forward you my receipts from
A compete rebuild , however that’s not necessary in this case anyone reading this could care less . Your a argumentative fella . Obviously have your opinions. But assumptions only make one look ignorant.

Back to better news

You’ll be fine like I said change your oil and filter and ride the hell out of it , if u ain’t breaking shit you ain’t having fun .
And if you can’t afford to fix what you ride , you probably shouldn’t be on it !
lol, I only speak the truth, and if the truth hurts ?..well..deal with it !..lmao. please reframe from cursing on this site, we do not allow it. I never said you were too poor to fix yours..did I ?, why was that tossed into the mix ?. I've been doing this 28 yrs, I KNOW WHAT ALL IS INVOLVED COST WISE ?!..how many yrs have you been tearing engines all the way apart, ???..does not matter to me, I know what I am talking about, if you want to tell ppl to use a machine like it was made to be a boat ?..GO FOR IT !!. but i'll tell you this, then I will let this rest, please don't tell me how to use an atv the CORRECT WAY JUST BECAUSE IT HAS HONDA ON THE SIDE OF IT !.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Your the epitome of an internet troll . A true loser . The kid asked a simple question and you proceeded to mock him and most Likely make him feel some kind of way . Instead of giving him a helping hand and letting him know it’s not the end of the world you decided to make it a point to laugh and prod . So shut the... . Hopefully a real moderator will see your immature attitude and delete your account . I doubt forums were created with the intent on mocking people asking normal questions.

·
Super Moderator
37,574 Posts
Your the epitome of an internet troll . A true loser . The kid asked a simple question and you proceeded to mock him and most Likely make him feel some kind of way . Instead of giving him a helping hand and letting him know it’s not the end of the world you decided to make it a point to laugh and prod . So shut the hell up . Hopefully a real moderator will see your immature attitude and delete your account . I doubt forums were created with the intent on mocking people asking normal questions.
use one more curse word, and i'll show you what this '' kid '' ( 55 yrs old by the way ) will do for you. i was not mocking anyone, I gave him some useful info, that he prob should know when he goes to take it back to get fixed ?, and they laugh at him. soo..with that said.,this '' troll '' as you call me ?, will stand my ground on the advice I am giving him.you don't like reading the TRUTH !!!. i'll ask you again..how many engines have you rebuilt ?, how many yrs you been rebuilding atv engines ?. I've been at it 28 yrs, a lot of folks tell me I am good at what I do ?!, and you ?..lets hear your side of the story !, i'd bet your in your teens, maybe 30 ?, and you have rebuilt a top end on one motor, and you call it good !. just because its a honda ?, DOES NOT MAKE IT A BOAT !, and again, don't like the truth ?, then you can see yourself to the door ?, or..you push your luck with me ?, i'll help you find the door !. last warning !!.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Wow! Some people just can't take a hint. Banned after 9 posts? That must be a record.
OP - Shade gives good advice. Of course you can do with your property as you wish, but swimming your BRAND NEW ATV is NOT a good idea. If you plan on going through water that deep on a regular basis then maybe an ARGO is a better choice for you. Anyway, welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
37,574 Posts
Dealer took care of everything they did not hook up crank case vent tube back to airbox
cool..ty for the update !. did they tell you if you sink it, it would be covered under warranty ????.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts