Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the reason for snorkels facing back toward the driver? Exhaust doesnt really bother? And whats the differene with snorkels if theres one pipe or three?

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Well if you face the snorkels forward when you make the big splash the water is ingested right into the pipes causeing a BIG issue we run on fuel not hydrogen LOL. three snorklels...HMM one is for the air box and Im guessing the other two are for the frame holes leading to the airbox that's how our quads get air all the way back to the air filter under the seat. But I ride Sport so no deep water for me.these woul be my guesses a UTE owner might have a better answer?

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Yea a ute owner with snorkels would prolly have a great answer. lmao

·
Registered
195 Posts
With the exhaust, as long as you stay on the throttle, you will always have pressure pushing air out, not allowing anything to come in (as long as the atv stays running).

I'm not sure why you would have three either tho. Look around your area for local mud runs that involves atvs and ask there. those are the guys that would know.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Hey what's a forum without humor? LOL that would be kind of funny looking! add goggles a snorkel and flippers and you can go anywhere!!lol

Yea a ute owner with snorkels would prolly have a great answer. lmao

1 - 5 of 5 Posts