Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about puting a skid plate on my 300ex and was wondering what is the best to put on and are they worth puting on :yeahbaby01:

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I have ROCK, they have done just fine.

·
Registered
209 Posts
go with a skid plate...now i dont know if any one else had this problem with theres but mine rattled a lot and i found that small strips of rubber between the plate and frame works well

·
Registered
459 Posts
Get a plate! I used 1/4" weather seal where the frame contacts the plate and there is no rattle! Works good!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
any one now about any 400ex a-arm skid plated cuz my a-arm aare taken a beating from big rocks on trail rides

·
Registered
209 Posts
i never thought of wheather stripping thats a good idea, i did the rubber cause it was bothering me and before a ride my buddy had some piecies or old rubber roofing in the yard ,so i tried that and it works good

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I did the same thing. I used weather stripping from Home Depot. Stick it to the very bottom of the frame rails and then put the skids back on. Absolutely no rattle.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, Nerfs and skid plates are deff the first things i am doing to mine when i pick it up in March...already ordered the riding gear...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts