Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend bought an 02 300ex off of craigslist, recently rebuilt according to the seller. It tapped bad and he said it needed the valves adjusted. Well long story short it tapped even with the valves adjusted and it snapped a valve and destroyed the entire head. I tore the whole motor down and priced it out and it will be cheaper to buy a complete motor if I go with the one off ebay.

Has anyone used GHD Racing Store on ebay? I would like some feedback before I send this guy $1100 bucks for a junk motor.

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Bought a carb from them and it worked great!

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Absolutely, they are a great source.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I have talked with them back and forth on several ocasions but i haven't purchased anything form them as of yet. one thing I keep in mind when i use Ebay I do not buy from anyone who has less that 98% feed back and i donot buy from anyone who hasn't sold a butt load of items, this company has some really great looking quality USED oem parts, I would ask them a bunch of questions first before commiting to buy thinkgs like Warranty ect. I don't think you will have anything to worry about with GDH, I'm actually waiting on a reply from them about posting an add up here.

Welcome to the Forums .

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, its really a shame and I would like to get this bike up and running for him. It was my first bad craigslist expirence, he never even rode the quad. We got it home adjusted the valves and noticed the rear bearing were trashed. We ordered a new carrier and while waiting for it to come in too it out in the snow and did a few dounuts. 5 min later the quad just shut down, when he tried to restart I could tell it had no compression.

The only upside to the whole situation is after the motor and bearings are in, the quad will be pretty much new. 2700 later lol

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Good luck and glad we could help. if you have any other questions about it please feel free to ask, we have quite a few sharp guys on here that can answer anything on these quads you may need to know.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yeah gdh is awesome.They sell High quality parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts