Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 Honda rancher have been talking to a guy on Craigslist about trading his Polaris trail blazer 250 and a Yamaha ttr125 for my rancher what do you guys think would this be a steal for me or should I keep my rancher ? Depending how well maintained they are they as reliable as my Honda im a Honda fanatic and is hard for me to let go what u guys think?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
A bad/good/great deal is what you think, because know one here has any understanding of the situation, i.e., you're rancher vs. all others. Personally, I have no problem owning a Yamaha, TTR, been there done that but I do not want a Polaris Blazer 250.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
ttr125 isn't bad, 2 stroke dirt bikes are a good time. But the Polaris Trail Blazer is literally a clump of shit with wheels attached to it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a TTR230 four stroke and thought the 125 was similar, hum... Either way, I still have no issue owning a Yamaha.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
TTR125 is definitely a four stroke. air cooled. very mellow. it's more of a kids or small adult play bike and nothing like a motocross bike. in terms of whether or not that is a good trade....the polaris would have to be showroom condition, the TTR would have to be good condition, and the Rancher would have to be completely roached for me to ever consider that trade. condition of each matters on deals like this.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
ttr125 isn't bad, 2 stroke dirt bikes are a good time. But the Polaris Trail Blazer is literally a clump of shit with wheels attached to it.....

I had a TTR230 four stroke and thought the 125 was similar, hum... Either way, I still have no issue owning a Yamaha.

Your right it's 4 stroke, 125's were usually 2 strokes I guess I'm thinking Honda though, Yami 2 stroke would have to be the yz125 then. Sounds like this TTR is pretty much a kids bike?

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
if your over a 150 lbs, , your going to be disappointed FAST in the TTR
its a beginner's bike,, more or less a a step up from a kids first SMALLER bike
the polaris, again as others said, is NOTHING even close to your rancher

so your down grading, and ??
if you ONLY want to have BOTH types of toys

Think about what your atv is worth if you SOLD IT
and then think about what you could BUY with that amount

a decent say YZ 250 two stroke, from the 2001-2006 range in my area can be had for about a grand to $1500
and will be a bike, you can grow into if your new(go slow at first its a FAST bike)
and mod up if you want later on, and a zillion parts out there cheap, and MOST all these yrs share most parts, making it way easier to find deals on parts

as for a CHEAP ATV

cheap tends top be either a SMALL< atv in poor shape, or a larger one in even worse shape LOL

if you like your rancher
and want a motorcycle
I say save up and buy a motorcycle, and keep your rancher, you know what is and is NOT good on that(or hope you do)

Why gamble on two unknown machines? and neither one is anything special here?

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
would not do it, nuff said.

·
Registered
559 Posts
But the Polaris Trail Blazer is literally a clump of shit with wheels attached to it.....

Haha, laughed out loud when I read this!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not much of a plug for Polaris, Mac that was a great post, in fact I'm going back and click like! Now an answer to the question..... No.

About one in ten trades work out. 2 for 1, gee why are you so lucky? He gets a Honda rancher you get , on a good day, a POS with wheels attached and another atv that the owner wants to swap.

Run, don't walk, away. I have no problem with Yamaha products although I have never owned one.

Buy something nice and take care of it and don't ever loan it out. Cheers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.