Honda ATV Forum banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts
Ok, that busted off bolt should be easy to take out unless the bolt was too long and bottomed.

First the fuel tank... take it off the bike and drain all of the fuel into a suitable container. Test the petcock in both 'ON' and "RES" lever positions while there is still plenty of old fuel in the tank to insure fuel flow is good and steady. Blow out the gas cap vent to insure that it isn't plugged. Then wash and rinse the tank out using either hot soapy water or some cleaning solvent. Look into the fuel cap hole using a flashlight (may need a small mirror as well) to inspect the petcock screen. If the screen is still in good shape and the petcock flows fuel in each lever position, you're done with the tank. You can use a rag attached to a piece of stiff wire to probe into corners and soak up any remaining water or solvent. Be careful not to damage the petcock & screen. You can use a hair dryer or any mild heat source to completely dry out the tank.

Let us know how that looks... then we'll start on the carb.

Ya, this site sucks eggs. The owners are disgusting parasites and don't care about anything but controlling the harvesting of personal data, so they only maintain it so that the site works well for them. If you're posting on a phone you're usually screwed... if on a computer you can open a text editor and hold everything you type in your editor until it successfully submits, which is what I do on every post now.

Ya, may as well fix whatever else you can while waiting for parts. It sounds like you are doing darn good, careful & thorough work. Wear a confident smile and enjoy your experiences! I sure am... :)
is this the site, based in California, or am i thinking of a different site?

Discussion starter · #104 ·
big news my dudes. Thanks for the reply retro, I'm going to clean out all the fuel components later, but I got it to run pretty darn good. Fun fact, it ran so bad because it wasn't getting gas. Just had to let it suck the gas into the carb, and it ran fine. Runs a little rich, how would I lean it out? Can't find the adjustment. The left engine mount isn't tight or secure so it rattles a lot when you rev it, making that loud noise I was talking about. So yea, just need to figure out how to lean out the carb and that's all. I'll fix the engine mounts soon. The gas poetcock is spooky, it likes to not use all the fuel, and basically gives the reserve and extra gallon. So i'll fix that soon. All in all, runs pretty good for now, and completely runable. I'm going to get this little gremlins knocked out over this next month. Thanks to all of you people who have helped me through all this. I seriously would not be here if it wasn't for you guys. I sincerely thank you all! I owe you guys. This has been quite the learning adventure.

- Link

101 - 105 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.