Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 400ex has a really big crack on the right fender and i kinda fixed it but i've considered just shaving the fronts.... but they wont have that cool little tiny fender like most shaved fenders.... because the crack is to close that it wont be big enough if that makes sense. So i'll basically be taking the fenders completely off. Is that dumb?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
If you ride in any wet and muddy conditions, you will get covered up with mud.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i already typically get real muddy so i'm real worried bout that, but mudd99 mine would be even shorter... like no fender at all...

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
Well that only leaves one thing, cut them and see if you will like it. Either way your going to need a new front finder unless you can plastic weld it back together. If you cut them down take a pic so we can see how they look. It may turn out to look good.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Getting muddy really isn't the bad thing. It's that the mud will hit you in the face and eyes, but it might not bother you.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts
for a few minutes anyway...lol until the big clump smacks you right in the goggles lol I have my fenders cut as well so I can relate. LOL

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
mine are from mirar sport shave and mud dont rilly get throw on u on mine befor it blown up

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
A lot of the drag racing guys shave their fenders completely. You might be able to find some pics of it by searching for drag race quads.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I shaved mine too far and found some weather stripping for the bottom of a door that Gorilla Glued on. Mine looks okay from a distance and would look even better if i had more of it and took more time.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, they call them race cut fenders. I don't know about Honda, but you can get replacement fenders for a Banshee that bolts back on after you trim them. I guess you could take them off when you race and then bolt them back on when done. Here is a link to some for a Banshee.

Banshee Add On Front Fender / Banshee - Mods3.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts