Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
ranger ?..do you mean rancher ??..either way..lol..the number should be right behind the jug..close to the case and jug..should be !..don't qoute me on this .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, shadetree.

yes it is a Rancher.
Bought it from my son.
Not familiar with it or the terminology.
I guess the jug is the engine cylinder?
The case is the crank case?
On which side?

I should clarify it is the VIN I am looking for.

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
yeah..look on the front center..should be stamped there..in case your wondering..i do believe the 10th digit...is suppose to be the year model..some people don't know know this.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Thanks, shadetree.

yes it is a Rancher.
Bought it from my son.
Not familiar with it or the terminology.
I guess the jug is the engine cylinder?
The case is the crank case?
On which side?

I should clarify it is the VIN I am looking for.

Thanks again.
oh..and welcome to the formus..and yes..you are correct with the terminology..lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vin

Thanks for the responses.
Searched the front end for VIN; had to remove the winch and bracket. No Vin visible.
Went to the shifter area and partially removed the fairing; still no Vin visible.
Will keep searching.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Thanks for the responses.
Searched the front end for VIN; had to remove the winch and bracket. No Vin visible.
Went to the shifter area and partially removed the fairing; still no Vin visible.
Will keep searching.

Cheers.
somewhere on the front tubing..the vin is stamped into it..you may have to look really close..in case someone painted over it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Serial Number(VIN)

Found the VIN!

Standing in front of the vehicle, look down between the body and front bumper;
Its halfway down stamped on a horizontal plate crossmember looking up at you.

Thanks all,
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Glad to here you found it.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
sweet !!!..now lets see some pics !..lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help: I think I found my stolen 2000 450es but it now has a new serial number it is now a 2003 450es are there any other numbers located on the bike that can ID it's age.

·
Premium Member
11,311 Posts
Welcome to the forums...Free downloadable manuals in the Schematics/Manual help section in the Technical discussions ... The engine serial number is coded to the original frames serial number Hondagone...

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Help: I think I found my stolen 2000 450es but it now has a new serial number it is now a 2003 450es are there any other numbers located on the bike that can ID it's age.
Welcome to the forums. The 2000 Foreman 450 didn't have selectable 4wd and the 2003 model did. So, look to see if it has the 4wd/2wd switch on the right side of the handlebars. The 2002-up had selectable 4wd. There should be a sticker on the frame that has the manufacture date, but it's probably been taken off. There's an engine production number on the engine, you might be able to contact a dealer to see what year the engine was manufactured, based on the engine production number. Other than that, I don't know of any way.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
So the numbers will not be the same I will need to give the motor number to Honda to see if it is correct.
No, the engine number will be different than the VIN. The VIN is 17 digits and the engine number is around 12, I think. The engine number contains the engine model code and the engine production number. A dealer should be able to tell you which year the engine was manufactured based on the engine production number.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts