Honda ATV Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I have to admit jeep, that sucks big time!! People in England wouldn’t put up with it, there would be a nation wide outcry!
We have a similar thing with property, when you buy a home you can buy leasehold or freehold, lease meaning you pay an annual fee to whoever owns the land your home is built on (you never own the land), or free, meaning you own the land as well. The prices used to vary, lease being slightly cheaper, nowadays it’s all the same and pays to buy freehold.
VAT (not sure if you googled it) is on everything except a select few things, I believe ladies sanitary products are a VAT exemption.
Businesses can claim VAT back at the end of each financial year, 1st April here in England. Something I’ve considered was actually starting a small business run from my home, simply to be able to lawfully claim back a certain percentage of VAT spent each year. At 20% (used to be 17.5%) it adds up quite quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an ATV, and I bought it three years ago. And before, I did not pay taxes for it, but when there is a new law that says that every ATV owner must pay taxes - it upset me. I think that people should not pay tax for owning an ATV. I went out on my ATV only once last year. All that time, it just stood in the garage, gathering dust...And not to pay a lot of money for tax, I learned how to make fake pay stubs. As it turned out, it was not very difficult, and this way, I managed not to pay a lot of money for the tax I did not need. It would be interesting to know what other ways not to pay tax?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's no such thing as not paying taxes. If a company says they don't collect sales tax, they're not responsible for remitting it to the state. The customer is still responsible for paying the tax; it just doesn't go through the company. So if you're buying an ATV from Mississippi, you'll still owe Alabama sales tax. It is always best to pay the taxes upfront to avoid penalties or interest charges. This counselor company (Financial Planning for Physicians | The Finity Group) gave me this advice, and I will always follow it. I highly suggest you pay all the taxes inquired. Cheers.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts