Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall. One of my friends has an 09' Honda Rubicon Forman. When he was driving it yesterday it was making this really wierd noise. It sounds like gears in the differental are grinding but they aren't. We checked the fluid in the dif. and it was full. Could a bearing be out or bad and cause that kind of noise? It even makes the noise when it is off and you roll it by hand. If anyone has an idea please speak up!!!!
Thanks,
Blake

· Premium Member
38,589 Posts
Hey yall. One of my friends has an 09' Honda Rubicon Forman. When he was driving it yesterday it was making this really wierd noise. It sounds like gears in the differental are grinding but they aren't. We checked the fluid in the dif. and it was full. Could a bearing be out or bad and cause that kind of noise? It even makes the noise when it is off and you roll it by hand. If anyone has an idea please speak up!!!!
Thanks,
Blake
rear differental bearings are bad..better tear it down..and inspect it..before it gets really bad..he dont want to have to replace that ring gear..and pinion gear..they are not cheap !

· Premium Member
23,587 Posts
Is the noise coming from the front or back?

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear end.

· Premium Member
23,587 Posts
Could be the bearings, then, but I would check the rear brakes first to make sure nothing is wrong.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I never thought of that. What exactly could be wrong with the rear brakes?

· Premium Member
23,587 Posts
Oh I never thought of that. What exactly could be wrong with the rear brakes?
I don't really know, but I would look at the brakes first, just in case. Something might have come loose inside the brake panel. Just a thought, before you tear into the diff bearings.

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thank you for the heads up. I'll tell my buddy this tomorrow when I see him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.