Honda ATV Forum banner

Roost boost 250x

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  kawa11@ptd.net 
#1 ·
I was wondering if the answer roost boost is worth 70 bucks I have a buddy that has one please let me know thanks
nate

#2 ·
I got one I now have no rev limit I like it . I suppose it's a matter of opinion if you want it or not

#3 ·
do you gain any performance with it

#6 ·
They do add an increase of power through the gears they store energy also it eliminated my rev limit. but I know how much I can push my engine so that dosen't really matter.

#7 ·
I've heard both sides on this one.The only thing you can do is try it.

#8 ·
I just dont want to waste 70 bucks if it don't do anything.

#9 ·
I want to do some upgrades to my 250x like the carb and the shocks what do you guys all do please help me out thanks
nate

#10 ·
400ex carb,works shocks.You can also get 400ex a arms and shocks and use them but you'll need a shock conversion kit.This will give you a 2 inch wider stance in the front.

#11 ·
Unless you want headaches don't put a 400 Carb on! Getting the Jetting right is a big PITA! lol but as billy stated the 400ex a arms but go with the 450R shocks. And I've heard the 660 Raptor rear shock will mount up. You can also put a 400EX swing arm on that will give you about 4" more of wheel base, then you would be able to use a 400 rear shock.

#12 ·
Just because you can squeeze a shock from a different quad in the rear does no make it an upgrade. To use the 660 rear shock you must remove the linkage system on your swingarm. When you do that you are completely changing the geometry at which the shock is designed to work at.

#13 ·
Hey man, my brother had a roost boost on his quad and now it is having all sorts of ignition issues. I can't give you specifics because it is not my quad and therefore not my problem, but they could just be from old age as well. My advice from expirience: sometimes it is better to go with what you have.

#14 ·
I had one on my 250r back in the 80s and It ran great with it. I don't think they make them anymore? but it did make a big diff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.