Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda Foreman Rubicon 500 DCT/PS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2017 Honda Rubicon DCT/PS. I mounted a light bar to the front of it and ran a MICTUNING wiring harness with it. I can't figure out a good place to mount the rocker switch that came with it and how to mount it. I am skeptical about cutting into the plastics due to it being brand new but if its a good place to put it I might consider it. If anyone can help it would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
On a wheeler that new, I would not do any wire harness cutting due to warranty issues.

Plug it directly into the battery and use an inline fuse and switch to turn it on. Just don't forget to turn it off at the end of your night ride.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Honda Foreman Rubicon 500 DCT/PS
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On a wheeler that new, I would not do any wire harness cutting due to warranty issues.

Plug it directly into the battery and use an inline fuse and switch to turn it on. Just don't forget to turn it off at the end of your night ride.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Yea thats what I'm doing. And yea I didn't want splice any wiring on that new of a 4 wheeler for warranty reasons. But I think I found a spot to do it. Right beside the cigarette lighter plug.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Once its off the show room floor it will never be new again, make it yours, it's a "Honda" you don't need no stinkin warranty!

My 2012 foreman headlight on my 2014 Rincon, installed it 2 months after I bought it. Notched out the foreman bulb socket to take a 65 watt high beam bulb works great.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Car Auto part

Helmet Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Personal protective equipment Vehicle

Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper

On the splice, I would use solder, it the best connection you will get. Then cover it with liquid tape and then vinyl tape. The wire is too thin for 3m clips and butt connectors will corrode eventually.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
What you want is a small sealed switch box, then simply use double sided 3M's tape to attach it to the plastics.

·
Premium Member
6,555 Posts
Once its off the show room floor it will never be new again, make it yours, it's a "Honda" you don't need no stinkin warranty!

My 2012 foreman headlight on my 2014 Rincon, installed it 2 months after I bought it. Notched out the foreman bulb socket to take a 65 watt high beam bulb works great.

View attachment 70618

View attachment 70626

View attachment 70634

On the splice, I would use solder, it the best connection you will get. Then cover it with liquid tape and then vinyl tape. The wire is too thin for 3m clips and butt connectors will corrode eventually.
I put my grip warmer switches in the same place on the right side, and the rocker for my backup lights where you have that one on the left side.

You can put an H10 HID in that Foreman pod light. That's what I did on my buddies Rincon and all of my Foremans.

That an 05-11 Foreman pod light or 05-14 Rubicon pod light. The 2012-13 pod lights were different.

Looks good though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.